November 1, 2014 12:11 AM

Author Topic: The "Rennie Dunked On Shaq Game" was just on BTN...  (Read 409 times)

Offline EasyESmall

• My Badges Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts
    • Awards
The "Rennie Dunked On Shaq Game" was just on BTN...
« on: March 17, 2008, 09:20:50 PM »
oh wow!  What a blast from the past.  1990, but it seems like 40 years ago watching that game!!!

The black guys with the "fade" hairstyle, the white guys - the "feathered" look.  How incredibly GAY!!!

Well, I gotta say, the years do change perception, because for the longest time I too, thought Rennie dunked on Shaq - that was how I remembered it, but oh, it's not true.

Rennie did drive on Shaq, but went around his left shoulder and put in a layup.  Rennie was about chest high on Shaq in the air.  Shaq fouled out on that play.  I think it was the next play up court (very short after) Rennie DID try to dunk on a big white 7' stiff named Hammik or something like that, but couldn't get the ball in the hoop.

Very fun to watch all the same!  Great memories.

RENNIE DUNKED ON SHAQ!!!!!  -NOT!
Building My Post Count - One Stupid Comment At A Time.

I'm Super Elite, God Dammit!!!!  How come that doesn't get me a raise at my job?

Offline Musson

• Me and "The Girls Next Door" Sorry boys!
  • My Badges Awarded to I-N Charter Members
    • Awards
Re: The "Rennie Dunked On Shaq Game" was just on BTN...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 09:54:46 PM »
Dude-  immediately go get your eyes checked!  I know what I saw!
Centennial Chargers Class of 1992, we sucked, but still proud!!!? Lifetime member and founder of CTOWN POSSE!

Offline EasyESmall

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 10:22:03 PM »
Oh, stop it!!! 

"I know what I saw" versus - "I literally just saw the replay on TV this afternoon not five hours ago, and got a good look at it, AND the replay...

I'll tell you what I saw - bad haircuts, short shorts, not so good looking cheerleaders, and a Lou Henson in happier, healthier days.

I'm Super Elite, God Dammit!!!!  How come that doesn't get me a raise at my job?

Offline Musson

• Me and "The Girls Next Door" Sorry boys!
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 10:34:07 PM »
Come on man, after a miserable season, can we not hold anything sacred?
Centennial Chargers Class of 1992, we sucked, but still proud!!!? Lifetime member and founder of CTOWN POSSE!

Offline Flight25

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 11:08:56 PM »
I swear to almighty christ I saw Rennie dunk on Shaq.  I was in A section NE end, the Illini were going towards the south basket.

Offline EasyESmall

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 12:26:29 AM »
And how many bodas full of coke and captain morgan did you have?

Actually, I hear ya.  I wasn't there, but saw it on TV, and my memories are only of him dunking on Shaq. 

It's almost like watching some TV show where they uncover the real secret of the Lochness Monster or Bigfoot or something, and the truth is just really plain and boring. 

That is what watching the replay today was like.  It was kind of like, "Oh, man, that's what really happened?"

At the time, it was a really close ballgame, LSU was pretty big time, all the talk was about Shaq, and he fouled out on that play.  THe legend of Rennie grew right before or eyes, whether we saw the reality of what really transpired in the play or not.  In my head, that night, live, on TV, he dunked on Shaq.  So I thought.

Offline BYS

• My Badges Awarded for the 3rd closest prediction of wins during the Football season - 2010 Awarded to Members who have contributed up to $20 to I-N Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 01:21:13 AM »
And how many bodas full of coke and captain morgan did you have?

:ROTFLMAO:

Captain Morgan. The gay Pirate.
I ain't askin for nuthin, if I can't get it on my own. If ya don't like the way I'm livin', ya just leave this long haired country boy alone.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.  -Thomas Jefferson

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
  • My Badges Awarded to 2nd place winner of the 2012-13 I-N Fantasy Football League Awarded to I-N Charter Members Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Football League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 08:06:55 AM »
Easy, Clearly you were watching the wrong game. Rennie dunked on shaq and I remember it as if though it were yesterday. Rennie got the ball on the left baseline with his back to the defender. He did a reverse pivot and drove baseline. Rennie then started his elevation just outside of the lane. As Shaq went up to meet Rennie at the rim something magical happened. Rennie paused in the air as gravity started to bring the mighty Shaq back down to earth. Rennie then some how elevated another few inches and tomahawked on Shaq's head. That's how I remembered it.  :icon_biggrin: 
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline FlyinIllini89

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 10:49:26 PM »
Boys.  I DVR'd it this afternoon.  I'll clean up this argument tomorrow.   :icon_biggrin:

Easy, you are right on the hair though.   It was like watching a team full of Arsenio Halls. 
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.  2 Chronicles 7:14