Colon Shoots Down Sox Offer

• 4 replies

Offline IllianaOne

• Meet IllianaTwo
Colon Shoots Down Sox Offer
« on: January 29, 2008, 01:45:25 PM »
Evidently he is going to want more base salary.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080127&content_id=2357370&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
Re: Colon Shoots Down Sox Offer
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 01:56:20 PM »
Indications are he is nowhere near ready, and he wants a two year deal, which KC may give him. Freddie Garcia may be ready for major league pitching by the All-Star break. If that is so, I would expect him on the Sox for the 2d half.

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 02:02:09 PM »
Screw him. I didn't want him on the Sox anyway.
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline IllianaOne

• Meet IllianaTwo
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 03:43:09 PM »
Indications are he is nowhere near ready, and he wants a two year deal, which KC may give him. Freddie Garcia may be ready for major league pitching by the All-Star break. If that is so, I would expect him on the Sox for the 2d half.

Is Garcia hurt? A healthy Colon would be nice but I was EXTREMELY disappointed the last time we had him.

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 04:46:14 PM »
Yes, he had surgery last August. He said he'll be ready by May. The Sox say the all-star break, after his minor league preparedness. He and Ozzie are extremely tight, as Garcia is married to Ozzie's niece, and Ozzie's sons and Garcia are best friends. If he's healthy, I expect him here the 2d half.