Buerle Signs Extension, YES!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 replies

Offline IllianaOne

• Meet IllianaTwo
Buerle Signs Extension, YES!!!!!!!!!!
« on: July 08, 2007, 11:47:03 PM »
If Williams wants to unload a pitcher now, I suggest it be Contrass. He has got to be as old as Greg Oden.

I hope Buerle retires as a Sox.

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
Re: Buerle Signs Extension, YES!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 02:38:10 AM »
great get. Build that team around Buehrle, Garland, Vazquez and Danks, with Jenks closing. Not far from getting back. Adios Pods, Iguchi, Dye, Contreras, and others. This team has to get faster, and get a bullpen from the right side.

Offline IllianaOne

• Meet IllianaTwo
Re: Buerle Signs Extension, YES!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 09:07:26 AM »
great get. Build that team around Buehrle, Garland, Vazquez and Danks, with Jenks closing. Not far from getting back. Adios Pods, Iguchi, Dye, Contreras, and others. This team has to get faster, and get a bullpen from the right side.

I agree. It seems like Pods can't stay healthy. Iguchi just doesn't seem to be able to get back to where he was in 05', maybe the league knows how to handle him now that he has been around a few years. Dye maybe showing his age. Didn't he come back from a bad injury while he was in Oakland? Contreras was awesome the second half of 05' and first half of 06' but has seemed lost the rest of the time he has been in the bigs. I really like what Danks has done his last few games & Vazquez has also looked great.

There are rumors about the Sox wanting Ichuro next year. That would fill a void at the top of the line-up! But if they don't sure up the pen it won't matter one way or the other.