08 and 09 targets?

• 18 replies

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
Re: 08 and 09 targets?
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 12:52:12 AM »
Alright, an incomplete but accurate list of defensive recruits includes - DE: Foster, Il.; Hamilton, Tx.; Walker, Il.; Giordano, Il.; Jelesky, Il.; Wertz, Il.; Mercilus, Oh.(can also play lb). The best are Hamilton and Foster. We are most likely to get Foster and Jelesky. DT: Ellis, DC; Goebel, Il.; Farr,Il.(may also be thinking of making him a g); Kabongo, Ct.; Rowell, Oh.; Whitner, Oh.; Booi, Fla.; Barnett, Ind. The best are Ellis, Goebel, Kabongo and Rowell. They are all B10 caliber. Most likely are Farr, Ellis and Whitner. I really hope we get Goebel. It's a shame he doesn't want to wrestle in college, or we'd have him for sure. LB's:(I have not seperated them by outside/inside) Ball, Oh.; Beachum,Oh.; Betros, Fla.; Filer, Il.; Kristick, Az.; Schneider, Oh.; Tinsley, Fla.; Bruno, Pa.; Chestang, Miss.(likely safety in college); Clancy, Il.; Hoke, Tx; Machen, Oh.; Palmer, Il.(already verballed); Zissimos, Col. The best are Beachum and Filer. Illinois is likely to want at least 4 lb's in this group, particularly if they see Tez as a DE long term. Most likely are Betros, Palmer(obviously), Schneider and Machen. We really want Beachum and/or Filer. We may need Simeon to work on his future Mt.Carmel alum, Filer. CB's: Adams, Oh.; Thomas, Kan.; Magnacca, Oh.; Fletcher, Oh.; Johnson, Fla.; Price, Fla.; Paine, Mo.; Nixon, Fla. The best are Magnacca(also a tb), Fletcher and Paine. Most likely are Adams, Magnacca(unless OSU offers), Nixon and Price. S's: Copeland, Juco from Ks.; Fleming, Oh.; Lance, Fla.; Grant, Fla.; Smoot, Oh.; Lewis, Fla.; Thomas, Il.. The best are Copeland and Grant. Most likely are Copeland, Thomas and Lance. Athletes: Ramsay,Il.; and Richardson, Md. Ramsay has committed to us, and Richardson is possible. The best players on this list are: Ellis, Goebel, Kabongo, Rowell, Beachum, Filer, Kristick, Bruno, Magnacca, Copeland and Ramsay. By the way, if we could get Adams, Thomas of Kansas and of Md., and either Magnacca, Green or Gray, we could have a competitor for the B10 400 meter relay championship. No doubt about it: Zook is recruiting blazing speed.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 01:01:57 AM by tbcamp »

Offline bwbp3

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 01:59:52 AM »
Tb, next time can you organize that in some way, possibly with paragraph breaks in between positions or something...

Its just that you have way too much info to post in one solid paragraph.  Its tough on the eyes.

Offline ILLINI VW

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 02:29:39 AM »
Didn't you proclaim you're going to marry some chick that went to U of I? :ponder:

Haha, VERY GOOD!

It is a little running inside joke the two of us, as well as some of our friends, have about the U of I and our ladies.

I will try to be brief:
*My favorite bar down on Campus is Murphy's.? I'm not a dancer, I just like to hang out, play some card/drinking games and have a cold beer.? The ladies that frequent Murphy's tend to not be as pretty as some of teh other bars on campus.

*Also, the two subjects I majored in tended to have the ladies on the "unattractive" side.? So I was around those kind of girls all the time.

*Anyone remember the UCLA game about 3 years ago?? Their cheerleaders were more like pole-dancers.? I felt bad because i left my wad of singles at home.? They reallly put our cheerleaders to shame (looks wise).

The joke was, the U of I has the ugliest women in the nation, and when we got Zook, I said his first order of business was going to be to recruit new cheerleaders.? Just because I somehow managed to always put myself in situations that "non-attractive" girls were at my friends and I joked that this is just how it is.  Trust me, I know the U of I can produce some nice looking girls.? The Tri-Delts and the Dee Gees were very easy on the eyes, hell, they still are when I go down there!?

And you are correct, I will soon marry a graduate from the U of I, and in all modesty I can say she is very ****ing hot.? I dated up for sure.? I feel like I am one of those guys from a sitcom, you know where the guy is nowhere near as hot as his wife.? Thats me, and I love it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 02:32:01 AM by ILLINI VW »

Offline bwbp3

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 12:19:31 PM »
Congrats VW.  :Clapping:

Offline jon28

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 12:55:25 PM »
That happens to the best of us.
GO ILLINI

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 02:04:59 PM »
Tb, next time can you organize that in some way, possibly with paragraph breaks in between positions or something...

Its just that you have way too much info to post in one solid paragraph.? Its tough on the eyes.
Thanks Tb for giving me the info I requested. I know that's what you really wanted to say, so I said it for you.

Offline jon28

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 04:06:53 PM »
sounds like good news. 

go illini
GO ILLINI

Offline Luke E

• Reppin' the Illini in the Big House!
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 05:19:35 PM »
Thanks Tb for giving me the info I requested. I know that's what you really wanted to say, so I said it for you.

Haha.  I'm sure he appreciates you.  We all do.  I read something on Rivals today where national guru Mike Farrell said that Beachum was a much better RB than a LB.  I know Zook recruits athletes, but we sure do need him at MLB if he comes.   

Offline bwbp3

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 10:12:03 PM »
Thats why I said that you got so much info that I would like it in broken up paragraphs.