griffin transfering

• 7 replies

Offline chief321

griffin transfering
« on: March 24, 2020, 08:52:25 PM »
I hear there's more to the story...but can't seem to find out what it is.
He announced a bit ago he's going into the portal.
It's more than crowded backcourt supposedly. 

Re: griffin transfering
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 09:57:38 AM »
crap.  I really like his play. 

Offline chief321

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 10:28:34 AM »
Quite a bit of stuff about this is super odd.
He was on Lon Tay's show the day before...praising Underwood and talking about how strong the program was getting.
Then there were some nasty social media things posted by his x-gf the same day...don't want to divulge on here, but it wasn't good. That some stuff was brought out in the open combined with him spending two weeks of quarantine with his mom...who thinks he's not getting a fair shake sealed the deal. 
Supposedly, she tried to get him to transfer out last year as well...it's too bad as he was our best shooter and would have played a big role this next season. 

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 03:58:19 PM »
Me too.  Most improved on the team.  There are minutes to be had, even if Ayo stays, for the freshman.  I didnt see this coming.  I thought Jones might xfer.  He just got a reason to stay and work his butt off.

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 05:33:19 PM »
Me too.  Most improved on the team.  There are minutes to be had, even if Ayo stays, for the freshman.  I didnt see this coming.  I thought Jones might xfer.  He just got a reason to stay and work his butt off.

Jones just entered the transfer portal as well.

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 09:43:54 AM »
Hutcherson and Grandison both have talent, I think we will be pleasantly surprised by their addition next year.
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!