no fans at NCAA tourney! WTF?!

• 3 replies

Re: no fans at NCAA tourney! WTF?!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 03:45:19 AM »
I fear this move will REALLY hurt the competitive nature of the games.  :yuk:

Nothing beats the shole stadium putting pressure on the 1 seed that is struggling against whomever late in the game.

Many top seeds can't hit pressure FT's late ... empty stadiums probably make these FT's easier.

Just glad they didn't cancel the Dance all together  :confuzed:

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 10:40:04 AM »
now the Big Ten tourney is doing the same.
So are other conferences.

The Big 12, Big Ten, ACC, Pac-12, SEC, Big East, American Athletic Conference, Atlantic 10, Southland and Conference USA basketball tournaments will proceed without fans in attendance beginning with Thursday's games, following the lead of the NCAA tournament in barring anybody but family and essential personnel.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/28886504/undefined

Offline Hawk

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 12:51:45 PM »
its ridiculously stupid, how about just cancel the whole thing because its going to be terrible anyway. i'm not watching one bit of it except for the Illini game just to see who they look. I consider this to be a totally hypocritical decision, "we want you to still play so we can keep our advertising money"... go F yourself NCAA  :rolleyes:

Facts are nobody of any medical authority told them to do this, WHO did not recommend this,  just like nobody told the NBA to cancel their season either, and cancel it with people IN the buildings waiting for games to start on top of it last night!  :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 11:14:58 AM by Hawk »
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain