Total Members Voted: 6

Iowa post/chief of the game thread!

• 3 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
Iowa post/chief of the game thread!
« on: March 08, 2020, 10:16:22 PM »
Shaky finish but great all around effort at home to secure the double bye. Trent with a Demitri McCamey type of bone headed 3 that almost came back to kill us. I cant stand Garza but he had his way down low. Ayo gets my COTG with 2 daggers in the last minutes and for playing a solid all around floor game.

Let it RIP!!!!!!
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline chief321

Re: Iowa post/chief of the game thread!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 12:01:01 AM »
Ayo was the deal in the 2nd half other than that missed front end...couldn't been brutal.
He is tough to stop though...
Kofi kept us from getting blown out of the gym in 1st 5 minutes...Kipper proved huge...best game he's had in awhile.
Trent's 'hero' 3 could have killed us...no excuse for that crap.
SFC was rockin tonight...we had a blast. 
Be tough to beat Iowa if we play them on Friday...but this team is officially fun to watch again. 

Offline UEACES80

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 01:28:58 PM »
I went with Williams for his clutch 3's early and his always excellent defense and the big plus the in the face of Iowa attitude.

Like Reaper can't stand Garza (though he is good) - probably the announcers gloating on him non stop is where my dislike for him comes from.

I expect to meet them again Friday in what will be a very intense game if it can get more so than last night.

Maybe Trent shows up offensively and we can protect another big lead - oh how I was wanting to keep that big lead and get a late breakaway dunk on the Squawkeyes!

One thing for sure is when Kofi is out we really struggle.
The Chief will live forever in the hearts of all Illini fans!

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 03:26:59 PM »
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/gametracker/boxscore/NCAAB_20200308_IOWA@ILL/

I really dont know how we win some of these games via the boxscore.  And we could have made it much easier at the end.  But we won and Ayo gets the CotG.  Who would have thought that you feel better about Williams jacking up a 3 than Trent, but that is where Im at right now.  We arent going far without Trent shooting 33% from 3, and that includes the late in the shotclock hucks up towards the rim.  Heck, he made one from 3/4 court- I dont think Im asking much. :nonono:

On the positive side is Williams who will get plenty of open looks and Giorgi, who got a few shots to drop.  And Kipper has been playing well all season, but scored in double digits Sunday.  It has been a good season and I like our draw in the Big tourney.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 03:30:01 PM by illiniproph »