Total Members Voted: 7

PSU Post/COTG thread!!

• 5 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
PSU Post/COTG thread!!
« on: February 19, 2020, 08:46:43 AM »
Ayo gets my COTG with a brilliant performance against 9th ranked PSU!

LET IT RIP!!
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline Hawk

Re: PSU Post/COTG thread!!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 12:28:18 PM »
Kids amazing, hope he comes back next season
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline chief321

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 01:04:33 PM »
He Isn’t coming back...if injured yes but healthy he said he’s going.
But he is amazing. While we can’t replace him, we have some talent coming in. Really building finally.
This win was big. I gotta think next year we are a tourney team again given the additions. Going to be tough replacing the 3 we’re losing but the arrow is pointing up.

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 02:26:35 PM »
There are times when it seems that Ayo and Feliz are our only offense and last nite was essentially that way.  Kofi's buckets came on good passes by Ayo and Feliz.  Andres didnt score that much but he made that big basket after Penn St took the lead.  Defensively, we played great.  Why do we shoot better away from home?  Another solid game from Griffin.

I feel like this game puts us back solidly into the tourney.  We have the easiest part of our schedule coming up, but we wont win without playing like we did last nite.

Offline UEACES80

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 06:26:26 PM »
Easy vote here - Ayo. Though Andres played a great supporting role.
The Chief will live forever in the hearts of all Illini fans!

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 08:42:36 PM »
I voted for Ayo, but woulda given an 'assist' to DaMonte for his defense on Lamar Stevens

*** I think Underwood has finally figured it out for this team, esp on offense.  Spread it wide open for 1) driving the lane and/or 2) kicking it back for a wide open higher percentage 3 (NOT our chuck and duck 3 with the shot-clock expiring)

If they can play like this with consistency during the BIG tourney, they are capable of winning the crown.  The Defense has been good - the Offense finally begun to click

*** R Hummel just stated that the Illini could make a run and win the BIG dance as well 

:logo: