Stats Preview: Illini vs Maryland

• 2 replies

Stats Preview: Illini vs Maryland
« on: February 07, 2020, 09:04:21 PM »
Maryland has shooting problems, but they are TOUGH on D and have an outstanding RPI. We gotta hit shots to win this home game

<a> https://www.marchpool.com/statistics/ncaastatscompare/95?teamtwo=69&year=2020 <a/>

Offline chief321

Re: Stats Preview: Illini vs Maryland
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 12:51:21 PM »
I feel like I'm stepping into a cave and talking to myself...but yeah the SFC was loud and proud for ten minutes last night.  Great atmosphere and felt like we were relevant again..and we are.  However, we let massive momentum slip away as Turgeon was making adjustments while we weren't making counter moves.  The last three minutes of our 1st half were a net loss as well as the first three minutes of the second half...never a good thing to see that.
Underwood has brought back excitement for sure...but coaching wise he has to learn to beat a zone...to not sit kids and watch us lose all momentum bc of his stupid two foul rule...he needs to own part of last night.
Free throws were atrocious...Giorgi is really struggling as well...two games in a row with game changing turnovers...he's a great kid.  I hope he can regroup...we need Tuesday night bad. 
Even Ayo was off last night...boneheaded turnovers he never makes...coach putting in Tev for 30 seconds at a time can't be helping his confidence.
We'll miss Feliz way more than people know. 
that's all...still aggravated...win tuesday would help but we likely don't win the big ten...as maryland is rolling and we have a brutal schedule still. 

Re: Stats Preview: Illini vs Maryland
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 03:20:37 PM »
A realistic goal for this Illini team would be to finish in the top 4 and enjoy the benefits of rest - but there are NO GUARANTEES.  A tailspin is as likely as a run at this point.

What was so disappointing about last nights loss was how quickly a stout defense can take this team out of its game.  Mizzou punched us in the mouth and we folded like a cheap suit

If I were Underwood I would put on last years game v Rutgers, where we stayed within in offensive scheme and went possession by possession to win late ... instead of chuck and duck  :veryannoyed: