Griffin WTF ?!?

• 6 replies

Griffin WTF ?!?
« on: January 21, 2020, 11:39:41 PM »
I've said all year Tevian Jones would determine the ceiling on this team.  Now I think Alan Griffin will determine our upside - by defining our downside.

Todays 'step' foul was the most stupid play I've seen an Illini player make since Leron Black got a T in the BIG tourney ... a T in a must-win game.  We danced in the NIT, not the NCAA - THANKS LERON!!!

This is the second dumb T Griffin has gotten this year.  The 1st technical occurred in a home win against a cupcake with a minute to go. GEE - YA THINK that Refs don't remember things like this, and pigeon hole teams into their 'Thug' catagory, call more stuff - fail to give Thug teams the benefit of the doubt?

Griffin did not grow up in abject poverty - his father played in the NBA.  GROW UP!!!!!  Manage your anger (1 on the 7 deadly sins), or transfer to Thug State or Thug Tech  :thumbdown:

Offline Hawk

Re: Griffin WTF ?!?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 11:29:50 AM »
yeah bad image last night. my guess hes gonna be sitting for a while for that?
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 11:43:25 AM »
I dont even think it's anger in this case.  We were up 5 when this happened.  I've seen him throw elbows after the play when he thinks officials aren't looking, and has gotten away with a few.  He just has a mentality that needs to be changed.  BU teaches toughness, but he has a skewed (playground) idea of what that means.  BU had no trouble telling him to get off the court, though he said he didn't see the play clearly and Griffin told him he lost his balance.  BU had seen enough film to know that probably wasnt the case.  I dont think he should play against Michigan even if there are no NCAA handdowns.  He needs to realize where that line is, and imo, he has been stepping over it all season.

Offline seanwins

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 11:50:57 AM »
Yea I'd guess hes gone for at least 2 games probably can't have that crap.

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 12:51:19 PM »
What in the name of Christian Laettner was he thinking? Griffin has been playing with an edge but he obviously needs to tune it way down. He picked up a T against Mizzou towards the end of the game when he wouldn't stop jawing at Smith. Time for Tev get back into the good graces of BU.
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline Hawk

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 03:48:06 PM »
Hes lucky it didnt turn into a KU/ KSU  like brawl like what happened last night in their game
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 05:37:39 PM »
Hes lucky it didnt turn into a KU/ KSU  like brawl like what happened last night in their game
No kidding,  that was crazy.