RANKED!

• 16 replies

seanwins, chief321 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Hawk

RANKED!
« on: January 13, 2020, 03:44:36 PM »
First time since 2014!
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Online chief321

Re: RANKED!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 03:54:42 PM »
yeah it's nice...first time since 2014 we've been ranked.  I hope we get ready and kick Northwestern's as$. 
Then we can be ranked for two weeks in a row! 

Offline UEACES80

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 01:32:42 PM »
Yip time to put the hammer down on the Mildcats and step on Chrissy throat!
The Chief will live forever in the hearts of all Illini fans!

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 01:41:25 PM »
Beat me to the punch, er, I mean the post.  Just saw the rankings.  Maybe a little premature, but still, it's nice to get some respect.  Whole league is getting respect.  Lunardi has 11 teams dancing, with Minny not far away.

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 12:53:30 AM »
Marchpool stats chart shows our gradual upward projection <a> https://www.marchpool.com/teams/rankchart/69 <a/>

The BIG is insanely competitive this year!  Wisky just took out Maryland, Purdue took out MSU Sunday.  Clark Kellogg was talking about 10 teams as potential dancers this March

Here's the MPI for all 14 Big teams <a> https://www.marchpool.com/teams/groupbyconference?year=2020&conference=827 <a/>

Offline Hawk

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 10:04:25 AM »
it would be nice if this team had one more exciting season before we have to say goodbye to the board, just a mini run in the tourney would make me happy..id take a sweet 16 appearance  :icon_biggrin:
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 11:14:03 AM »
it would be nice if this team had one more exciting season before we have to say goodbye to the board, just a mini run in the tourney would make me happy..id take a sweet 16 appearance  :icon_biggrin:
Have faith!  In both the team and the board!

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 08:29:30 PM »

If Underwood can work Tevian Jones into the rotation, and he/we start hitting some 3's and getting out on the break - then this team is capable of making it to the sweet 16

The question is 'Does Underwood have this within himself as a coach, and does Jones have this capability as a player' ?!?  I predict Jones gets his first real shot against Northwestern this Sat

Offline Hawk

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 01:10:13 PM »

Proh, nobodys sent any interest at all about taking over the site since I posted the notification in September. Beast, who was running things as the admin left and has not even logged on here since October last year, theres only a handful of of members that have even logged on in the last few months. Unfortunately the writing is on the wall, it was a good run but its looking like July will be the end.

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 03:17:57 PM »

Proh, nobodys sent any interest at all about taking over the site since I posted the notification in September. Beast, who was running things as the admin left and has not even logged on here since October last year, theres only a handful of of members that have even logged on in the last few months. Unfortunately the writing is on the wall, it was a good run but its looking like July will be the end.

Well, I'm going to tell you a little story.  I cant remember if I've told it before or not.  It's a 100% true story, but it doesnt necessarily mean that the board will continue.  But it is about faith.  I heard a guy with my own 2 ears sitting in a bar one day accurately pick the final four and eventual champion prior to the season even starting.  Sounds almost impossible- right?  Now here's the real tricky part.  That was the year that George Mason made it to the final four.  That guy was a huge Illini fan, so I always felt this board will continue, even though, it's lookin grim right now.  So we have till July- lets see what happens.