Sparty post game thread!!

• 1 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
Sparty post game thread!!
« on: January 03, 2020, 08:51:53 AM »
* Hung around in the 1st half but Sparty went on a short run in the 2nd to put the game away early.
* Giorgi B seems to have regressed this year. The only positive I can see in him is that he seems to be the only one who knows how to feed Kofi in the post.

LET IT RIP!!!
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline UEACES80

Re: Sparty post game thread!!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 12:25:46 PM »
Speaking of regressing - Trent is the poster child. Seems if doesn't have the ball controlling the flow he is lost in the Underwood offense.

Speaking of that I remember when Underwood was hired he talked of getting a shot up in the first 8 seconds of a possession; seems that has been replaced by a weave. I often think I am watching a dribbling drill by the Globetrotters but the Washington Generals are not the opponent. Sparty simply sagged in on Giorgi and Kofi and watched the Illini hit 1 of their first 16 3's. For the game just 3 of 28 after Trent was able to make a couple of non pressure 3's late. Crap if they had the 3 when I played college intramural s we would beat those numbers easily.

I want to be excited by the Illini but instead I often feel doom and gloom when I know they are going to play and sensing that I will be disappointed again.

Something isn't right with this team - the talent is greater than results IMO.   :nonono: :MrFurious:
The Chief will live forever in the hearts of all Illini fans!