Bowl Game Recap

• 1 replies

Bowl Game Recap
« on: December 31, 2019, 03:00:35 AM »
I for one was glad that QB Peters suited up and played ... otherwise, this game woulda been unwatchable.  He is a TRUE competitor! Losing his top receiver was a bridge to far to gap... glad to see Brandon coming back.

Thanks to all the Illini players who coulda quit this season but didn't!

This season was HUGE in terms of progress, whether we want to believe that or not.  Lovey is as good as we can hope for.  He has the respect of his players.  He can't seem to reduce the penalties ... maybe he can off-load that challenge to his assistants  :dunce:

Cal was healthier than us, not better.  We should bowl-up higher next season  :ILLINI:

Re: Bowl Game Recap
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 09:24:47 AM »
I for one was glad that QB Peters suited up and played ... otherwise, this game woulda been unwatchable.  He is a TRUE competitor! Losing his top receiver was a bridge to far to gap... glad to see Brandon coming back.

Thanks to all the Illini players who coulda quit this season but didn't!

This season was HUGE in terms of progress, whether we want to believe that or not.  Lovey is as good as we can hope for.  He has the respect of his players.  He can't seem to reduce the penalties ... maybe he can off-load that challenge to his assistants  :dunce:

Cal was healthier than us, not better.  We should bowl-up higher next season  :ILLINI:

Well, I can agree with most of that assessment except our pass defense was absolutely horrible.  You cant beat a decent Div 1 team playing soft cover 2.  Especially if the officials are going to call targeting anytime you hit a receiver hard. 
Michigan chose the wrong qb.  They may have given Bama a better game with a better qb than Patterson.  And Peters is better imo.  We have something to build on, but geez, an almost blowout loss in a low-tier bowl won't help our recruiting, injuries or not.