Total Members Voted: 9

$cUM post/COTG Thread!

• 6 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
$cUM post/COTG Thread!
« on: December 12, 2019, 12:10:53 AM »
Big win after the giving away the Terps game.  Kofi gets my COTG for being a man down low. We have to learn how to put teams away.

LET IT RIP!!!
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline chief321

Re: $cUM post/COTG Thread!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 11:31:41 AM »
Hey we were at the game...solid overall with a scare towards the end.
Kofi is a beast...can't imagine we keep him for next year if he keeps this up.
Ayo came to play but missed a few he should have hit.

They play like that...and they're going to be tough to beat. 

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 11:45:24 AM »
Kofi contributed more but I gave it to Feliz because I felt like he provided a lot of energy that boosted the team.  He also made some critical buckets when we needed them. 
I hope we get Kofi for one more year.  I don't think he's NBA ready as he does not seem to have any kind of mid range game.  He can exploit size disparity in college but when he's in there with the big boys he's not going to survive without some mid range skills.  He looks really uncomfortable shooting anything but layups/dunks.
"Here's what I was trying to say, but you were listening wrong."  -  My wife to me, recently

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 11:49:18 AM »
They played well.  Defense was solid, both inside and out.  Everyone played good on offense- team effort.  And I think Michigan is deserving of #5.  Givin the CotG to Kofi for the free throws.  And to take out a referee :doh:  Feliz was a real sparkplug on offense and  Ayo was assertive and got us going early.

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 06:28:58 PM »
Kofi contributed more but I gave it to Feliz because I felt like he provided a lot of energy that boosted the team.  He also made some critical buckets when we needed them. 
I hope we get Kofi for one more year.  I don't think he's NBA ready as he does not seem to have any kind of mid range game.  He can exploit size disparity in college but when he's in there with the big boys he's not going to survive without some mid range skills.  He looks really uncomfortable shooting anything but layups/dunks.

I thought about Feliz but those missed FT's in crunch time made me give it to Kofi. You are spot on with your assessment of Kofi looking uncomfortable. He has tremendous size and strength but he has a long way to go before he is NBA ready. It was good to see him contribute against someone his size, I just hope he doesn't let the wrong people get into his ear.
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline UEACES80

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 06:44:41 PM »
Kofi for sure / glad that Kofi didn't get a targeting call (LOL).

Giorgi and Kofi both stayed deeper last night and forced Michigan to try and beat us from long range. Underwood who can really annoy me deserves create for adjusting his D last night.

Always good to beat scUM - Muck Fichigan!
The Chief will live forever in the hearts of all Illini fans!

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 10:10:45 AM »
There is a huge difference between this year and last year.  For example- Kipper Nichols has some intensity and is making plays.  Last year, he just sat back at the 3 pt line.  In the last 3 games, we went 1-2, but we were so close to going 3-0.  That is exactly like last year except 2 of those games are against top 5 teams where we would have been blown out.  The difference is Kofi.  They can compete with all the teams that have big centers without doubling.  I was watching a little bit of Rutgers and a little bit of Penn St, and they have quality big men.  Ohio St and Iowa as well.  Purdue has a good 7'er in the middle.  With Giorgi at the 4, we are as big as anyone, and it looks like Kofi and he have some real chemistry.  And though we dont get much offense from Williams, he is a defensive stopper with all those great small forward types, such as Penn St's Stephens.

3 things going forward-
I've been impressed with Ayo, and though he has missed quite a few runners or short jumpers, I know he can make them and that is key, because he can create his own shot.  He is our best guard defender and a good rebounder.

Can Underwood find a way to get Williams some scoring opportunities like a double screen?

Eventually, we will need to play a little more inside out.  Right now, if the ball gets in the post, the shots going up.  But we havn't been doubled either.