Miami post game thread!!!

• 3 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
Miami post game thread!!!
« on: December 02, 2019, 10:10:09 PM »
Waited too late to start playing with pride and it bit us in the a$$. Selfish play by Ayo at the end, if he kicks it out we have wide open corner 3.  :nonono:
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline chief321

Re: Miami post game thread!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 09:54:17 AM »
Not a good deal at all...that was the most winnable of this three game stretch. 
Ayo is in big trouble if he doesn't start doing something soon...he's not NBA material playing like this...not leading us in any way. 
No doubt he should have kicked it out...hero ball isn't going to cut it...esp when he's not playing with the same fire he did last year. 

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 10:42:36 AM »
I must admit- when we came out the 2nd half and didnt make an immedite run, I turned it off, and just kept an eye on the score.  Im not sure how we got back in the game, but I did see that last play by Ayo.  It was a bad play at a crucial time.  Personally, a lil pull up 10 footer over a guy 5'8 seemed like the best option, but since the days of Gross, we have been a team with a low bb iq.  We are better now, and I think Ayo has good bb instincts, but to do nothing in the 1st half when we were struggling and make a crucial error at the end like that, I begin to wonder. But I never thought he was ready for the NBA, and maybe not Europe.  He is a 4 year guy to be NBA ready.  He needs to score more from 10-15 feet.

Miami shot the ball incredibly.  And Trent worked his butt off on D, but he just couldnt contain their pg.  We are supposed to be quick at guard, but so far this season, above average guards have done whatever they wanted against us- GCU, UofA, and now Miami.  Ayo did better guarding their pg than Trent.  Giorgi still has no clue about playing defense outside the lane, and Kofi just isnt quick enough but thats not his game.  Underwood has done an awful job at teaching the bigs how to step out and make the guy shoot over them with a hand in their face. And the announcers were right on- we look slow, we dont pass with purpose, and we dont let Kofi touch the ball enough on offense.

On the positive side from what I saw.  Griffin is improving and he would be that 6th man on Duke who would get alot of PT because he plays good D, rebounds well, and is showing he can shoot.  Williams is an asset, but man, he could be so much better.

Offline UEACES80

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 11:29:28 AM »
I was so disappointed at halftime that I had to take a pain reliever. The 2nd half showed promise but still no win.

Ayo just doesn't overly impress me.

Dakich made several great points throughout the game - no ball pressure, no hands up on their shots, no press when we started coming back. Why are Kofi and Giorgi chasing guys 15'-18' out from the basket stay back and alter shots or better yet block them.

Our recruiting seems to have picked up but I am still not seeing how Underwood is molding a team. IMO - Coach Scowl maybe needs to relax a little and maybe the team will play looser and better.
The Chief will live forever in the hearts of all Illini fans!