Total Members Voted: 6

The Citadel Post/COG Thread!!

• 3 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
The Citadel Post/COG Thread!!
« on: November 21, 2019, 08:26:51 AM »
The guys got off to a rough start but pulled away from The Citadel like they were expected to.

* Kofi gets my COG with a healthy 18 pts and 17 rebounds. You can't teach size/strength and Kofi has plenty of both. The kid is very raw but has the potential to be a beast if he puts in the work and improves his FT's. The spelling of his last name vs the pronunciation has me thrown off but I like the kids energy.

* Giorgi B. had a solid game but he seems to be trying to figure out how to play with Kofi. He spent a lot of time in the post last year and he hasn't fully adjusted to playing with another big as of yet.

* I'm not a fan of the Trent, Dosunmu and Felix paring on the floor at the same time. Something seems off, I think Felix should run the 2nd unit with Williams getting the nod at the 3. Williams is a glue guy and was all over the floor last night (9 boards).   

LET IT RIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Re: The Citadel Post/COG Thread!!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 08:43:48 AM »
Kofi gets my Chief of the game as well, but he had no one who could guard him. Ayo has been a disappointment so far. He has missed a ton of shots and too many turn overs. He needs to improve a lot for this team to go far. Defense gave up a lot of open three looks again, but the Bulldogs were just bad. Just want to see some improvement and keep winning. I wish more people got back on this board. I am a long time member, but never posted. I am guilty of that but miss seeing the posts and check in about every day now.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 09:44:54 AM »
When someone beats an all time Illini record, they deserve CotG.  Most rebounds by a freshman.  We had a very big size advantage and we exploited it like we should.  The big loss to AZ looks like it has woken the big guys up a little bit, and they are playing together more.  Kofi dominated on both sides of the ball.

But the guards came out flat.  At one point, we were something like 0 for 9 from 3 with alot of open looks... in our gym.  These guys were taken to school a little bit in AZ at both GCU and UofA.  Maybe this game just wasnt big enough.  Good win.

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 09:45:10 AM »