Superbowl?

• 20 replies

Offline Hawk

Re: Superbowl?
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2019, 03:47:30 PM »
Roquan back at practice today, no word on if hell play Sunday though or travel with team....very strange issue there, nobody saying anything what its about only that its "personal issue". Hope its not a disciplinary issue or legal matter....
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline ctibass

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2019, 09:34:38 AM »
Roquan back at practice today, no word on if hell play Sunday though or travel with team....very strange issue there, nobody saying anything what its about only that its "personal issue". Hope its not a disciplinary issue or legal matter....

Spoke to the media and said he's playing Sunday, but wouldn't elaborate on the personal issue.

Offline ctibass

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2019, 09:45:57 AM »
We seem to have a kicker and may not need a qb as we have a defense that looks pretty dominating.

how'd that work out in 2006?

They're gonna need a QB, gotta be able to put points on the board. even the best defense aint gonna pitch shutouts or hold opponents to under 10 every week.
May I say Baltimore Ravens with Trent Dilfer?  Honestly though, Trubisky still hasnt found himself.  Last year, he was fantastic running, but terrible this year.  He isnt Mahomes, but the jury is still out.  Do you still think we will be lucky to finish .500?

hard to say, they still haven't hit the tough part of the schedule yet, after this week it gets real! and now they just lost Roquan Smith to some mystery problem, out indefinitely

if offense cant get it together there might only be 4-5 more wins there after this week.
7   Oct 20, 2019   vs New Orleans   L
8   Oct 27, 2019   vs L.A. Chargers  W   
9   Nov 3, 2019   @ Philadelphia   L
10   Nov 10, 2019   vs Detroit     W
11   Nov 17, 2019   @ L.A. Rams   L
12   Nov 24, 2019   vs N.Y. Giants   W
13   Nov 28, 2019   @ Detroit    L
14   Dec 5, 2019   vs Dallas   L
15   Dec 15, 2019   @ Green Bay L   
16   Dec 22, 2019   vs Kansas City   L
17   Dec 29, 2019     @ Minnesota  W
Tough schedule.  You have the bears going 4-7 when I'd say all those games are pretty much 50/50, and that is with our sketchy offense.  We will probably go 6-5 or 5-6, either of which will most likely land us in the playoffs.  We just held Cook to 35 yds and made a pretty good Vikings team look very average.  I dont think that NO, Dallas and KC all beat us at home.  3 weeks before the Saints, good chance we are healthy again.
Worst Case, I see us 9-7.  Saints without Brees should be a W, and Cowboys should be a W (they've only beat bottom feeders and lost to the Brees-less Saints 12-10). I'm also a little more optimistic in our chances @Phil, @Rams, and @Lions.  I think we end up 12-4 with our other 3 losses being @Rams, @Pack, vsChiefs, but if the offense starts to click like it did last year, I put all 3 of those at 50/50.

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2019, 09:06:25 AM »
Bears were completely dominated on both sides of the ball yesterday. The OL has been horrible all year, especially Long, Massey and Leno.
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline Hawk

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2019, 11:25:04 AM »
  Do you still think we will be lucky to finish .500?

Yes... yes I do! lol

unfortunately
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Hawk

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2019, 03:35:05 PM »

Offline seanwins

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2019, 12:44:59 AM »
Trubisky is just flat garbage sadly. Like the kid as a person and leader for the team but hes a one read QB who struggles to hit wide open wrs in the off chance he actually sees them.  The fact that people want to blame Nagy for this mess is even funnier to me I highly doubt he just forgot how to call plays in the off-season.  Defenses know what Trubisky is they focus on the run and take away his first reads and you have the horrific mess that you saw today.  And the alarming thing is now the defense seems to be quitting on him too because they just flat gave up after seeing the first half. The annoying thing is if we could meld the two qb's we would probably have a solid qb capable of taking the team to the super bowl instead we have two bad options.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 12:47:39 AM by seanwins »

Offline Hawk

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2019, 11:20:58 AM »
Trubisky is just flat garbage sadly. Like the kid as a person and leader for the team but hes a one read QB who struggles to hit wide open wrs in the off chance he actually sees them.  The fact that people want to blame Nagy for this mess is even funnier to me I highly doubt he just forgot how to call plays in the off-season.  Defenses know what Trubisky is they focus on the run and take away his first reads and you have the horrific mess that you saw today.  And the alarming thing is now the defense seems to be quitting on him too because they just flat gave up after seeing the first half. The annoying thing is if we could meld the two qb's we would probably have a solid qb capable of taking the team to the super bowl instead we have two bad options.

Ryan Pace totally blew the 2017 draft. How good this team could be with just a decent QB... its sad

Opposing defense have zero threat of the passing game and can stack against the run, that's why this team cant generate any offense. Id like to know how a scouting staff could have gotten it THAT WRONG, I mean its amazing how bad an evaluation of talent that was. How in the world did a team that needed a dynamic QB to step in here to run Nagys offense chose a 1 year college QB with almost zero experience over two solid starters with huge upside in Mahomes and Watson. I mean at least Watson would have given them the 2nd best QB in that draft

I would have Trubisky as a backup in the NFL, I think hes that bad. I think thed be better off running Daniels out there lol

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2019, 06:53:52 PM »
He is not a very good qb.  That said, he made the Pro-bowl last year.  He may not have been a great choice, but they did select him so he couldnt have been too bad.  I said before the year that I felt he was the best running qb in the NFC, but geez, he looks like Dan Fouts without the arm.  That is a problem between the ears.. as is everything else.  And part of that is Nagy.    I cant remember us rolling out once yesterday.  For 3/4 of the game, it seems we only target #12.   I am hoping this is a 'sophmore slump'. There was alot of hype for good reason this year and I heard 1 announcer say that he needs to just start playing and not worry about an INT or being too perfect.  But I still blame Pace.  He gets rid of a rb and signs another for more money who doesnt play.  Cohen was great last year and he hardly touches the ball.  We sign Patterson when we have Cohen, stressing the skill players but not doing much with the OL.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2019, 02:25:29 PM »
He is not a very good qb.  That said, he made the Pro-bowl last year.  He may not have been a great choice, but they did select him so he couldnt have been too bad.  I said before the year that I felt he was the best running qb in the NFC, but geez, he looks like Dan Fouts without the arm.  That is a problem between the ears.. as is everything else.  And part of that is Nagy.    I cant remember us rolling out once yesterday.  For 3/4 of the game, it seems we only target #12.   I am hoping this is a 'sophmore slump'. There was alot of hype for good reason this year and I heard 1 announcer say that he needs to just start playing and not worry about an INT or being too perfect.  But I still blame Pace.  He gets rid of a rb and signs another for more money who doesnt play.  Cohen was great last year and he hardly touches the ball.  We sign Patterson when we have Cohen, stressing the skill players but not doing much with the OL.

he made the pro bowl after like 5 other QB's couldn't or wouldn't play, that's not saying much. pro bowl selections dont mean much of anything anymore especially if you're not a first selection and only a fill in

also defenses have adjusted and are not allowing him to run, they are challenging him to beat them with his arm and brain, and it doesnt look like he has either