Looks Like the Bears May Have Found Kicker

• 5 replies

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
Looks Like the Bears May Have Found Kicker
« on: May 07, 2019, 01:50:07 AM »
They traded a conditional 7th rd. pick to Oakland for Eddy Pineiro. Pineiro made almost 90% of his fgs at Fla. and all of his extra points. He was 5 for 5 over 50 his senior year, and he only missed once all season. He had a pulled groin as a rookie last year, and missed the year. At Fla. he almost always kicked to a touchback, and in practice kicked an 81 yard fg. Look at him on YouTube. Impressive.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 06:02:01 AM by tbcamp »

Offline ctibass

Re: Looks Like the Bears May Have Found Kicker
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 09:47:32 PM »
They traded a conditional 7th rd. pick to Oakland for Eddy Pineiro. Pineiro made almost 90% of his fgs at Fla. and all of his extra points. He was 5 for 5 over 50 his senior year, and he only missed once all season. He had a pulled groin as a rookie last year, and missed the year. At Fla. he almost always kicked to a touchback, and in practice kicked an 81 yard fg. Look at him on YouTube. Impressive.

Let's see if he can kick a 43 yarder at Soldier Field in January, much different than kicking in the SEC.

Offline tbcamp

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 09:52:44 PM »
I agree, but that's true for everyone.

Offline ctibass

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 12:30:23 PM »
I agree, but that's true for everyone.
I agree, but I'm just pointing out that having a great kicking percentage in the Southeast does not mean they will be able to handle the harsh conditions when kicking in the North.  Personally, I'll get excited when we find a kicker with a track record of kicking well in rougher climates.  Now, he could come in and be great, I'm just not getting my hopes up.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 01:45:32 PM »
bears had 8 kickers kick a 43 yarder last week....only 2 made it....lol

I think its gonna be another long year of us all holding our breath when a FG is needed
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline tbcamp

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 12:58:11 AM »
I got a feeling about Pineiro. By the way, Butler was from Georgia. This kid has a tremendous leg. If this doesn't work,  Bryant from Atlanta is out there. He's in his early 40s, but had a nice year last year. The Bears hired Jamie Kohl, who is considered a kicker guru. They know how close they are to being dominant.