Underwood Sucks

• 6 replies

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
Underwood Sucks
« on: March 14, 2019, 11:56:39 PM »
I see a continuing nightmare. Sorry. As one writer put it, he'd rather lose with Tevian on the bench, then win with him on the floor. It was 30-29 with 3:31 and the Illini have the ball coming out of a timeout. Trent throws up a quick 3, doesn't get back to his spot and Bohannon hits a 3. Then he turns the ball over. Foul on Nichols. Two free throws. Clank by Nichols, clank by DaMonte, another two point dunk on the third offensive rebound with Nichols doing nothing, and Ayo tops in his missed shot to close out the half. Does anyone show BU the scoring differential with different players on the floor? I like our assistants. If Brad left and Antigua took over, we'd immediately be a better team and program.

Re: Underwood Sucks
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 12:03:48 AM »
Jones hits a 3 ... we dodged a 1st round KO

Now Jones hits again!

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 12:56:39 AM »
12-21, 26 wins in 2 years. This is as bad as it gets. Hopefully we keep our core, all our recruits qualify, we add a Christian Brown, and our frosh blow up as sophs.

Offline MrGuy

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 03:09:35 AM »
Welp. So is this where we are doing the season in review and predictions for next year? Next year is get it done or GTFO for both bball and fball. If it doesn't happen next year it aint happening. I dont even mean a bowl or a tourny bid is required, I just mean we have to be in the conversation.  What was frustrating for me was the collapse at the end after the brief flash in February. Honestly would have been less a letdown if they just stunk from start to finish. Oh well whatever. I dont know what next year will be like but I know one thing, if we crash and burn in both sports next year then Lovie, underwood and whitman will most likely be toast. Then we are onto complete rebuild #7687545435332. Yikes!

Offline chief321

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 12:58:56 PM »
I'm less excited about next year than I was mid-year. 
We get the two bigs and a wing like Brown, we'd be solid...but we have a ways to go it seems.
If we keep the right people, I would assume we could be pretty darn good...but compared to this crap, it isn't going to take a great deal to seem much better. 

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 04:11:18 PM »
We had alot of weaknesses on this team this year.  I think we did as well this year as I predicted, and honestly, I was depending on Nichols and Williams to score some points.  We did not line up with any size, and that hurts more on the defensive end than the offensive end.  There were some teams we just couldn't handle.  We struggle mightily with a strong athletic 4 type player.  Jordan played admirably, but he is a 3, and much more a guard than a forward.  Iowa has one and they played their absolute best games of the year against us.  Indy has one, Penn State, etc.  If they can handle our pressure, they will most likely win.  That changes next year. 

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 05:44:17 PM »
Going into this season, we had very little other than Trent and the freshman. The talent level was as low as I have ever seen it in the jr and sr classes, in fact it's hard to find a power conference (or even a mid-major) roster with a weaker jr and sr class. That is not Brad's fault; it is the fault of the decisions made before him. Our best big turned pro early and IMO that sealed the deal on this season. You just can't compete in the Big Ten with one talented but thin and foul prone freshman big and no true PF and no depth either. But as the young players get stronger and better, and they are joined by the incoming big(s), we will be in a much better position. I don't know that we will make the tourney next year but we will be much better. The very presence of some improving and talented bigs will open up more on the perimeter.