Wisky post game thread!!

• 11 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
Wisky post game thread!!
« on: February 18, 2019, 11:11:11 PM »
Played wisky tough all game long but came up short. Giorgi not boxing out on that put back was the nail in the coffin. Iverson was the best athlete on the court and it showed. I'm pleased with the progress of the team but Delarosa makes my head hurt whenever he enters the game.

LET IT RIP!!!!
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
Re: Wisky post game thread!!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 11:19:38 PM »
Jones and Griffin got quality time. I thought Damonte played very well. Frazier seems to abdicate to Ayo late. But the key was the offensive rebound. We need to get better on the boards

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 12:02:30 AM »
Winning in Madison was too-tall of an order for this young team.  The kids showed alot of heart ... we continue to improve.

If the guards are off, even a little bit, our too-small front line can't make it up.

Woulda coulda shoulda been huge - we need more bigs to compete at a higher level.

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 11:55:56 AM »
I thought Jordan played his best game of the B10 season.  But our 3 highest scoring players all missed alot of shots they usually make.  Trent's knee is beginning to scare me, and Feliz was relatively ineffective last nite.  Where is Kipper Nichols- he is a guy that needs to play well against a bigger team like Wisky.  I thought Jones and especially Griffin played well.  Griffin must shoot well enough in practice to get the green light but hasn't shot well in games, yet does the other stuff really well, and will become a lock down defender.  Jones needs to attack the basket more with his size.  Id like to see him develop either a post up game or a game like Happ where he is able to back a guy down. The officiating last nite was hard to read.  They let them play some times and then would call us when they would stick out their chicken wing.  Overall, good effort.

Offline tbcamp

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 02:27:02 PM »
Nichols will play elsewhere next year. He can go wherever he can without a redshirt year. Bye Bye

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 05:19:25 PM »
Nichols will play elsewhere next year. He can go wherever he can without a redshirt year. Bye Bye
Im beginning to believe you on this one.  The sad part is that there is a place on next years team where he could play and possibly start if only he would come to play.

Offline ctibass

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 05:49:49 PM »
Im beginning to believe you on this one.  The sad part is that there is a place on next years team where he could play and possibly start if only he would come to play.

He is too inconsistent for where this team is going.  He will have trouble finding the floor next year with his inconsistencies.  Don't forget, we've got Anthony Higgs who has been injured all year who will play the role that Kipper has played, and hopefully at a more consistent pace.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 10:35:57 AM »

He is too inconsistent for where this team is going.  He will have trouble finding the floor next year with his inconsistencies.  Don't forget, we've got Anthony Higgs who has been injured all year who will play the role that Kipper has played, and hopefully at a more consistent pace.
We can hope that Higgs, who was maybe ranked 150ish out of high school will come in and be an immediate impact player.  I mean why not- Giorgi was like 200 or something.  We can also hope that Kipper finds his game.  Heck we've all seen it.  The reality is that both of these things do not seem very likely at this moment in time.  But 2 weeks ago, we didnt think we would win more than 1 or 2 B10 games. In theory, the 4 spot needs to be able to hit the 15' J ala Mike Davis or Warren Carter.  If they can stretch the D out to the 3 pt line, then bonus.  And they need to be able to defend and board. There are other options on this team.  Williams plays big at 6'2.  He is more of a 3 than a 4 but we are solid at the 3.  We have another scholly available if we can get a high profile 4 type player.  Giorgi is not a great 4 imo, but can maybe fill the role with certain matchups.  Antwan January looks to me based on his video's to develop into an amazing 4 if he can shoot.

Offline Beast

• In the distance you hear the call
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 01:40:00 PM »
Giorgi was 300+ I believe.  I've heard Higgs won't be back due to medical issues.  We'll see
Vision without action is a daydream.  Action without vision is a nightmare.

Offline tbcamp

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 03:47:01 PM »
I agree on Higgs. And Giorgi was a huge get for Antiqua. Clearly he's a top 40-60 type player who was missed on by a lot of people. He's big, ambidextrous and has exceptional foot work for a frosh. 247 had him around 350 I believe. We extended an offer to a 3* pf in Texas the other day. He's a late bloomer. I think the offer was extended because Higgs is gone.