Total Members Voted: 14

RUTGERS Post/Chief of the game thread!

• 5 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
RUTGERS Post/Chief of the game thread!
« on: February 09, 2019, 07:25:21 PM »
The boys get the W in a very intense game. Got to give Rutgers credit, those kids battled all the way to the end. Giorgi gets my COTG with a huge scoring game while setting the Illini freshman single game scoring record. Also have to give Feliz a big mention for his FT's in OT.

LET IT RIP!!!!!
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline obmtl

Re: RUTGERS Post/Chief of the game thread!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 07:43:24 PM »
tough game. couldn't knock them out in regulation. had a few chances, but missed a few FTs that kept them within one possession. Giorgi was a beast and my COTG. kudos to Feliz for his FTs at the end.

pts in the paint was 50-50. poor defense or good offense? we struggled with getting stops for a good share of the game. McConnell was torching us.

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 08:30:51 PM »
GB was awesome. His defense needs work, but he's got big time skills. Very impressed with his touch, attitude, passing, and right hand. Reminds me of Augustine.  Kudos to Rutgers. Their coaches mother passed this morning, and they gave all they had to win for him.

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 02:46:21 PM »
Giorgi for COTG. If the guards would have worked the ball inside in the first half instead of trying sink shots outside he could have had even more points. Rutgers underestimated him and never doubled him, trying to stop outside shots and he was open most of the night. His touch was on. Feliz with another good game with both Ayo and Trent in foul trouble and his good FT shooting. Rutgers now with a very young team just like Illinois. They are much improved.
Still crazy

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 03:10:22 PM »
Giorgi absolutely. He showed again what he can do against a 2nd tier center on a team which wont double the post.  Rutgers made some amazing plays, passes, and shots. Their defensive intensity was fabulous.  This is a good win after a big win against Mich St. I think we are a team who believes we can beat anyone at this point. And if there was an issue between Trent and Ayo earlier, it looks like its been resolved. 

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 12:57:47 AM »
Most exciting Illini game in years!  The team played tactically, got the ball to Georgi who was on fire.  Individuals sacrificed numbers for the only thing that mattered ... the W 

This team is starting to jell after taking some hard knocks in the preseason.  We may actually skip the First Four nonsense at the BIG tourney this March ... that would be HUGE

:ILLINI: