Total Members Voted: 15

Sparty post/COTG thread!

• 11 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
Sparty post/COTG thread!
« on: February 05, 2019, 10:16:31 PM »
Wow..... I fully expected Sparty to execute down the stretch and pull away. Ayo was huge and he gets my COTG! Not a big fan of rushing the court

LET IT RIP!!!!!!!!
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline Hawk

Re: Sparty post/COTG thread!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 10:20:26 PM »
What a win! Hey they just beat a top 10 for the first time in 16 attempts, and with the season they have had go ahead and rush the court I say
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline ctibass

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 10:23:38 PM »
Went with Ayo as well.  Those two threes with just a few minutes to go essentially put the game out of reach.  I especially enjoyed the one where Dakich had to eat crow for his "This is not gonna end well" comment.

Great to see the team put it together and to see them shoot well from the line.  Authentic excitement for the orange and blue now.  This team is going to be good.  Can't wait to see this team with Kofi and January added to the mix, and the rest of the team having another year under their belts.

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 10:41:16 PM »
I went with Ayo as well, but the team stats tell the story. MSU turned the ball over a ton, which is always key to beating them, and we almost played even on the boards, which is where they typically win. We've got a nice young team. Hope Ayo stays, Jones and Griffin have nice 2d halves, and GB and Trent just have a normal improvement, and  we'll kick ass. Samba is a really good athlete for 7'. He could be a force going forward. Kind of wish he'd redshirted.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 12:56:33 AM »
I went with Ayo - first half back to back steals, 2nd half back to back 3's - ELECTRIC PLAY

Ayo simply wanted the win more than anybody else on the court

Kudo's to the whole team and coaching staff

I personally love this high performance style of play that Underwood demands of them on both sides of the court

:ILLINI:

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 01:10:05 AM »
Box score for those who watched, of for those who missed the game.  MSU won the FT contest, but we hit almost as many to just hang in there and win

<a> http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401082353 <a/>

Offline Beast

• In the distance you hear the call
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 10:34:54 AM »
It was nice to see this team dunk the ball - multiple times!

« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 10:36:33 AM by Beast »
Vision without action is a daydream.  Action without vision is a nightmare.

Offline Beast

• In the distance you hear the call
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 10:36:15 AM »
Vision without action is a daydream.  Action without vision is a nightmare.

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 11:51:55 AM »
Thanks for the videos.  Don't get to see the boys much in Tennessee, so it was a treat to see so many highlights of a great win.

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 12:21:19 PM »
What an exciting game! Ayo hands down for CotG.  Kudos to Underwood for getting this team to play at such a high level.  You could see at halftime that MSU was starting to figure out our defense and we would eventually go into a period where our shots wouldnt fall and at about 6 min left or so MSU took the lead.  But this team kept fighting and Ayo had an assist to Feliz and 2 straight 3's to put us up by 6 and we made enough ft's to win.

MSU shot well.  Not a big difference but they got more calls than we did on our court.  Feliz played a heck of a game.