Voting closed: February 08, 2019, 04:23:32 PM

Nebraska COTG

• 6 replies

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
Nebraska COTG
« on: February 03, 2019, 04:23:32 PM »
Kipper with his best game of the year that I have seen. The refs were bad. Lots of strange calls. If they had made half their free throws, we would have won by 15-20 points and no end of game anxiety
Still crazy

Offline ctibass

Re: Nebraska COTG
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 02:02:11 PM »
Seems to me that Kipper is either COTG or completely AWOL this season, and most of the time it has been completely AWOL.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 11:31:32 AM »
Seems to me that Kipper is either COTG or completely AWOL this season, and most of the time it has been completely AWOL.
Rumors flying around in the off season that he wouldn't be here plays a big part.  If BU got the right guy, Kip most likely would have his scholly pulled.  That lack of trust takes time to mend.  If Nichols can have some success, it will go a long way into next year.  BU made some mistakes like getting rid of our backup pg.  That kid could get to the rim better than Feliz and was a lockdown defender

Offline ctibass

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 01:56:30 PM »
Rumors flying around in the off season that he wouldn't be here plays a big part.  If BU got the right guy, Kip most likely would have his scholly pulled.  That lack of trust takes time to mend.  If Nichols can have some success, it will go a long way into next year.  BU made some mistakes like getting rid of our backup pg.  That kid could get to the rim better than Feliz and was a lockdown defender

You're kidding about Feliz, right? That dude gets to the rim just as much if not more than Trent and Ayo in the games I've watched.  If anything I would say he attacks a little too much sometimes not allowing the offense to get set, but he's constantly driving.

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 02:33:52 PM »

You're kidding about Feliz, right? That dude gets to the rim just as much if not more than Trent and Ayo in the games I've watched.  If anything I would say he attacks a little too much sometimes not allowing the offense to get set, but he's constantly driving.
No, Im talking about Tejon Lucas.  Feliz may be a lil better shooter but thats about it.  That being said, Feliz is a much better xfer thn the guy we had the year before come in.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 02:37:49 PM by illiniproph »

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 02:45:10 PM »
Kipper COTG hands down.  His 1st half play was the deciding factor in a rare BIG win

Nichols has a pro body and a pro skill set.  If he can settle down and somehow find consistancy, he still has a chance to sign somewhere after his Sr year ... BIG IF'S

Offline ctibass

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 02:52:13 PM »

No, Im talking about Tejon Lucas.  Feliz may be a lil better shooter but thats about it.  That being said, Feliz is a much better xfer thn the guy we had the year before come in.

Ok, I see your point.  I think the problem with Tejon is that while he was best suited to play the Feliz role (PG off the bench), he was forced to but PG1 pretty much from day 1 and he doesn't have the game to be a starting B1G point guard.  Could he have grown into the #1 pg in this system?  Maybe, but we'll never know.  His poor shooting was truly his downfall here.