Nebraska

• 8 replies

Offline chief321

Nebraska
« on: February 03, 2019, 12:11:56 PM »
Man I know we are all frustrated around here....but I can't remember a time we didn't have a post about a win.  I like the improvement these guys are making...at least we're winning a few games. 
If we get the two bigs in loop next hlyear and maybe add the Christian Brown kid, I think the turnaround will shock people. IF Ayo stays of course.  If he doesn't i still think with those additions we are well over. 500

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
Re: Nebraska
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 12:24:13 PM »
I agree. Jones is going to be special.  I don't know why Kane is sitting. I'd like all of the returning players to play. There was a Nichols sighting yesterday. I think the future is bright. I like our assistants tremendously. Still not sure about BU.

Offline Musson

• Me and "The Girls Next Door" Sorry boys!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 02:18:24 PM »
Who in the hell is the big ass dude that looks like he’s 6’10 275 in the huddles?  That’s what I want to know. 

I don’t think Ayo is going anywhere.  I think he is grounded enough to know that he needs work still, and if they add in a real post presence, it could really open things up for him.  Outside of his frustration with Trent.  Don’t know if anyone else has been picking up on it or not, but it was pretty clear just how much Ayo is frustrated with Trent on the last run out of the game when Trent didn’t get Ayo the ball and dribbled it out.  Ayo completely turned his back and stared off into space.  I think he has a want to be the best, and he’s frustrated that Trent is the best at times and it’s clear.  Another year of strength and conditioning, matched with this season of figuring it out, makes him more likely to get an early pick.  Right now, he’s at best a late first, mid second round, and that’s not the right spot or level of risk to give up another year of grooming and displaying his ability. 

If he does leave, which I really don’t think he will, the team might actually be better off record wise with Trent and Feliz being better suited to play off each other. 
Centennial Chargers Class of 1992, we sucked, but still proud!!!? Lifetime member and founder of CTOWN POSSE!

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 04:05:07 PM »
GREAT WIN over the cornjerkers!  Kipper gets COTG hands down IMO.

The only downside was FT nonsense the last minute.  Andres Feliz was the only player who manned up and hit both FT's.  What were we, 9 of 21 or something ridiculous like that?

REGARDING AYO -- Unlike 7 footers, Guards are a dime a dozen in the NBA.  His best place to up his game next year is UIUC.  The risk of injury is real, but his game needs tweaking, starting with his shot.  Hope he stays, but suspect he is a mid to late 2nd round pick right now

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 04:16:16 PM »
Who in the hell is the big ass dude that looks like he’s 6’10 275 in the huddles?  That’s what I want to know. 

I don’t think Ayo is going anywhere.  I think he is grounded enough to know that he needs work still, and if they add in a real post presence, it could really open things up for him.  Outside of his frustration with Trent.  Don’t know if anyone else has been picking up on it or not, but it was pretty clear just how much Ayo is frustrated with Trent on the last run out of the game when Trent didn’t get Ayo the ball and dribbled it out.  Ayo completely turned his back and stared off into space.  I think he has a want to be the best, and he’s frustrated that Trent is the best at times and it’s clear.  Another year of strength and conditioning, matched with this season of figuring it out, makes him more likely to get an early pick.  Right now, he’s at best a late first, mid second round, and that’s not the right spot or level of risk to give up another year of grooming and displaying his ability. 

If he does leave, which I really don’t think he will, the team might actually be better off record wise with Trent and Feliz being better suited to play off each other.
Are you talking about Higgs? He's 6'8" and about 240. He's officially red-shirting now but is on the bench in his street clothes or sweats
Still crazy

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 04:19:56 PM »
Man I know we are all frustrated around here....but I can't remember a time we didn't have a post about a win.  I like the improvement these guys are making...at least we're winning a few games. 
If we get the two bigs in loop next hlyear and maybe add the Christian Brown kid, I think the turnaround will shock people. IF Ayo stays of course.  If he doesn't i still think with those additions we are well over. 500
I was at the game and didn't get home in time to create a COTG or discussion post until this morning.
Still crazy

Offline chief321

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 07:13:18 PM »
No problem on the lack of a post...heck I've been disgusted as well...will watch to the death but it's been rough at times. 

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 12:51:33 PM »
Only seen the last 12 minutes of the game.  Trent jacked up a few 3's but who can blame him after the game at Minny where he was the only guy who hit shots.  We were up and he wanted to pile it on.  Trent is still the star of this team.  Ayo and Giorgi are freshman and must realize that.  Ayo has an excellent bb IQ and we need him on this team next year and Im not really that worried that he leaves.  Injury risk for a guy that slight is just too great to spend a guarenteed contract on.  It was great to see the Kipper of last year.  I hope this gives him some confidence going forward.

Offline sunman

• Tandjent
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 05:09:38 PM »
I like the direction we are going. It’s nice to see an actual offense. :)
Go Illini