Minny Post Game

• 5 replies

Minny Post Game
« on: January 31, 2019, 12:25:15 AM »
We played well ... for about 25 minutes.  At that point, Minny simply took over.

Very excited with this young team in terms of its improvement.  We have 4 guys who can create their own shot - Jones, Frazier, Ayo, and even Feliz.  Need some front line help

Re: Minny Post Game
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 12:13:40 PM »
TB put the hex on Ayo by saying he'd go pro :rolleyes: ;)  Other than his shot falling, he played well.. which was kinda the theme.  We played well but went through a stretch where our shots didnt fall and their's did compounded by some key mistakes.  Trent proved once again that he can fill it up.  I loved it when he hit that 3 at the end of the half after their pg backed him down and made a tough shot.  Im particularly excited about Jones.  He missed a few bunnies, but he seems to get to the basket almost at will.  Hey, there was a DeLaRosa sighting.  Minny is a solid team, and we just arent going to win a game at the barn when Trent is the only guy hitting from outside

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 12:19:56 PM »
One other thing.  The officials really let these guys play, which is generally good for Illinois, but maybe not in this case as  Minny has alot of beef to push around inside.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 12:24:34 PM »
Kipper is really in BU's doghouse.  He was 3rd or 4th off the bench when Williams is giving us absolutely nothing on the offensive end of the court

Offline ctibass

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 01:26:22 PM »
One other thing.  The officials really let these guys play, which is generally good for Illinois, but maybe not in this case as  Minny has alot of beef to push around inside.
You might need to edit that a little, the refs were letting Minny play, but palling ticky-tack stuff on us.  How many forearm shoves did they get away with.  It's bad when the announcers are calling out the refs for not calling it at both ends.  One of them said at one point "That's fine if you want to let that go, but you've got to call it the same on both ends".  My other issue with this game in terms of the refs is consistency.  It seems like the refs are calling it different from game to game even in conference games.  Some games are called super tight, while others are called super loose.  That makes it hard for players on all teams to figure that out from game to game.

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 01:52:34 PM »
You might need to edit that a little, the refs were letting Minny play, but palling ticky-tack stuff on us.  How many forearm shoves did they get away with.  It's bad when the announcers are calling out the refs for not calling it at both ends.  One of them said at one point "That's fine if you want to let that go, but you've got to call it the same on both ends".  My other issue with this game in terms of the refs is consistency.  It seems like the refs are calling it different from game to game even in conference games.  Some games are called super tight, while others are called super loose.  That makes it hard for players on all teams to figure that out from game to game.
There was a lil home cookin per se, but I seen Trent push off big time and not get called.  I seen a few moving picks and Giorgi hooks that werent called.  Yet their bigs could back someone down and not worry about the charge at all.  Their guards pushed off too. They were letting them play.  Agree that it can change from half to half, let alone game to game. And up until our win vs Minny, I think we had a rep for fouling and got an extra 5 fouls just for that.