« on: January 17, 2019, 01:53:21 AM »
about time. what say you
Still crazy

Offline Beast

• In the distance you hear the call
Re: Minnestoa COTG
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 09:24:44 AM »
I went with Giorgi - 20/8. 

The whole team looked like they were having fun.  Last night was fun to watch - let's hope they can build on that and beat Iowa on Sunday.  :logo:
Vision without action is a daydream.  Action without vision is a nightmare.

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 09:32:05 AM »
I went with Giorgi - 20/8. 

The whole team looked like they were having fun.  Last night was fun to watch - let's hope they can build on that and beat Iowa on Sunday.  :logo:

Agreed, that was the 1st time this season that the team looked like they were having fun and BU wasn't losing his mind on the side lines. Are we finally headed in the right direction??  :ponder:

Went with AYO for my COG, he has picked up his game since the Mizzou debacle.
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 01:14:45 PM »
Interesting that they replaced Jordan with Williams in the starting lineup.  I didn't think that would make much difference all in all.  But both of those guys played well.

Ayo for CotG, doing his best Trent impersonation.  Both Trent and Jones were saddled w 2 fouls early.  I thought Jones played great for the short time he was in there.

Coach seemed to be in teaching mode rather than in coaching mode.

Offline ctibass

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 01:47:39 PM »
It was great to see the young guys get plenty of clock.  I'd be perfectly fine with a 2-man center rotation of Giorgi and Kane the rest of the season.  ADLR is good for certain situations when you need the big beefy center, but outside of that the freshmen held it down.

I went with Giorgi for chief as he was obviously the best frontcourt player on the court last night even though both of Minnesota's bigs are all-conference caliber.  Great game getting position and making that baby hook look smooth.  Also enjoyed Kane's little Olajuwan fade-away he had going a couple times.

Offline sunman

• Tandjent
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 06:59:13 PM »
Finally!!’ I’ve literally been waiting to see what our team can be once we put it all together.

I know we are young. So we will have issues but it was good to see what we can be.  :)