IU post game thread!

• 8 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
IU post game thread!
« on: January 03, 2019, 10:16:24 PM »
8 - 0 run to start the second half ............... ball game! The half court offense can be very predictable and hard to watch at times. They should play through Giorgi B in the post more often to get better looks. I stopped counting shot clock violations when we got to 6  :nonono:

LET IT RIP!!!!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 08:21:26 AM by Reaper »
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline obmtl

Re: IU post game thread!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 11:09:08 PM »
only saw second half. we had no clue on either end for the first 10 minutes. no match for IU athletically. we are slow and seem to have no hops at all. too many fouls, too many turnovers - again. same old, same old.

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 12:09:31 AM »
They looked really good at the beginning of the game but as the game went on, Indiana showed they have more talent and depth. we fought hard, but lack of size really hurt us many times. Is this the last game of Tevian's suspension? 25%
Still crazy

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 01:47:56 PM »
8 - 0 run to start the second half ............... ball game! The half court offense can be very predictable and hard to watch at times. They should play through Giorgi B in the post more often to get better looks. I stopped counting shot clock violations when we got to 6  :nonono:

LET IT RIP!!!!
You're right, they never play any kind of inside-out type of game.  I dont think anyone but Ayo can pass on this team.  One thing for sure- Ayo is a 2 guard.  He cant guard the point and he isnt a great creator on offense either, but he can pass.

Giorgi is a very good 6th man kind of player.  He just cant defend the paint good enough to compete, but he shows the ability to score.  Run some picks so he can get open in the paint, and let him pass it out once the defense collapses.

The officials were picking on Kipper with at least 3 ticky tack fouls.  So we bring in Williams who plays big at 6'2, but he is only 6'2, and that pretty much leaves the lane wide open.

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 03:41:20 PM »
The 2 leading scorers were freshmen. Our 4 upperclassmen didn't have much impact. We are still losing but there are some positive signs.
Still crazy

Offline Hawk

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 04:08:48 PM »
this is the worst team i can remember in my lifetime
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 06:01:44 PM »
this is the worst team i can remember in my lifetime
Its not the worst in mine. I'm hoping another year of experience improves the team a lot. Freshmen become sophomores
Still crazy

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 08:31:33 PM »
It's the worst since the early 70s. Really brutal. And the coaching is not B10 successful. Sorry. It might work at Stephen Austin, or even in the run and gun, everyone playing for 2d place, B12, but our league rebounds, plays defense, and passes. BU doesn't get that. At all.

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 10:02:04 PM »
It's the worst since the early 70s. Really brutal. And the coaching is not B10 successful. Sorry. It might work at Stephen Austin, or even in the run and gun, everyone playing for 2d place, B12, but our league rebounds, plays defense, and passes. BU doesn't get that. At all.
My senior year at Illinois was the 1973-74 season. Back then students tickets were way up high. Lots of empty seats. They played a lot fewer games back then. I think that was the season that got Harv Schmidt fired. I'd like the team to get back to respectable. Need more size
Still crazy