What record gets Underwood fired?

• 14 replies

Offline Hawk

Re: What record gets Underwood fired?
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 11:09:45 AM »
THIS, is why a year and a half ago I was saying this(below)...

There was not enough sample size from this guy to get excited over,  and now its not looking good at all.

...... We can also sit here and say things like , "its all about the future" - "I don't care of we lose next year because were building something" .  that's fine now on May 24th, but that tends to change in mid January when you are fully in it.  I get it, some people are excited about a new coach, some people were excited about Groce too when he first got here... just saying

Its somewhat bewildering to me why some people have such undying faith that this guy is going to be some miracle worker.  I really hope this IS the guy because this will be our 3rd in 6/7 years, but there's no faith from me that it WILL happen. That's why im looking more at right now more so then you both are.

Facts are there's not enough history that Underwood has for me to have such faith and certainly to take an approach that its ok to lose for a few years because "I know he will build it". There's no real history of building by this guy to go by. Going 89-14 in the Southland Conference, and 9-9 in the Big 12 just doesn't instill a whole lot faith for me, and quite honestly I dont know why it does for anybody else given what we've seen here over the years. This is the big leagues now, and this is the Big Ten, its a whole different animal now!

If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 11:55:27 PM »
You were right Hawk.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2018, 02:29:26 PM »
You were right Hawk.

I was hoping id be wrong
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline lwchicago

• If you could turn back the hands of time
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2018, 11:13:48 AM »
It's great to see most of the post are in the same general area "play the young players" if a player isn't getting playing time and he's getting beat up by the coach, they wont try to get others to come play there and they wont stay long. IMO Brad cant be let go until the year after. Stability is very important to players.  I would play everyone on the bench. At the very least incoming freshman would look like freshman
When life gets tough........I get tougher

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2018, 06:30:18 PM »
How about 4-28. Horribly coached. Dysfuntional. Missed last 3 FTs. Fla Atlantic, at home. Cockburn watching on recruiting trip. Guys don't play for each other, and the coach is visibly disliked. I'd fire him now, and see what happens with the assistant. It's an absolute joke today. The worst Illini team since the late 70s.