Mizzou post game thread!!!

• 11 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
Mizzou post game thread!!!
« on: December 22, 2018, 11:14:07 PM »
I really hate losing to Mizzou. The hate between these 2 teams was on full display tonight. The worst part of this loss was that the 3 former Illini and the Simeon player that we over looked proved to be the difference.

* Free throws  :MrFurious: :MrFurious: :MrFurious: :MrFurious: :MrFurious: :MrFurious:

* We have no clue on how to defend the high pick and roll. The bigs were constantly out of place which led to easy Mizzou points.

* I'm not sure why Underwood's kid is getting playing time over Griffin and Jones but it better be a good reason. Anything short of injury or suspension will probably lead to one (Jones, judging by body language from the bench) or both of them transferring.

* The offense looked lost without Trent, that has to improve.

* Kane put in some quality work tonight, hopefully he has passed Delarosa in the rotation.

* The stage was too big for Ayo tonight.

LET IT RIP!!!!!!!!!!

My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
Re: Mizzou post game thread!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 12:33:57 AM »
Underwood should be let go now. Make his assistant head coach.

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 12:43:59 AM »
The thing Im most upset over is the fact that Griffin and Jones are not playing. We will never be good if we sit the guys who will be players in the future when we obviously aren't any good right now.  Underwood is showing me that he is not a very smart coach.  These are his players and he isn't giving them any minutes to speak of.  Griffin is better than 2 guys who are getting minutes.  And Jones has to be better than De La Rosa for sure.  Trent is the offense.  Ayo cant disappear like that.  Our 5 position is one of the worst in Div 1 bb.

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 01:11:54 AM »
This is the lowest pt in program history. Program feels dead, definitely on life support. I don’t know how we could’ve possibly hired a worse AD than Thomas but here we are. Just have to suffer through this crap for more years because the buyouts too high.

Offline chief321

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 01:54:33 AM »
Underwood got outcoached...and cuonzo isnt a great coach at all...but way better recruiter.
We suck, plain and simple.
Not sure what silver lining I can see at this point...won that game and keep some dignity...but our dignity is thin at this point. 

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 12:26:01 PM »
Want more proof that this program is dead? Postgame border war thread and we have what 6 responses? Nobody cares anymore.

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 04:50:11 PM »
Program isn't dead but not much to be excited about after that game.
Still crazy

Offline obmtl

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 05:58:01 PM »
Jones isn't playing because he is suspended. Probably 2 more games. I don't know for sure, but the best explanation I have seen says it is a DIA penalty of 1/4 of the season - meaning 8 games. That was his 6th. Probably due to 2 failed drug tests, but that is conjecture.

I saw something implying Griffin was late again. Don't know that to be a fact, but would explain why he only got in during garbage time. On the other hand, that he got in at all may argue that punishment for being late again may be wrong.

we went stone cold in that last 7 minutes and had some good looks. gotta hit FTs. defense is still an adventure. Underwood has to be willing to change the scheme or he will continue to get torched. Kane and de la Rosa are not good on either end. long B1G season coming.

Online ctibass

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2018, 02:29:30 AM »
Free throws, free throws, free throws...

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2018, 02:33:35 PM »
Free throws, free throws, free throws...
5 straight during crunch time is bad
Still crazy