tO$U Post game thread!

• 5 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
tO$U Post game thread!
« on: December 05, 2018, 10:18:11 PM »
Another irritating loss. The refs were brutal but that wasn't the reason why we lost. This team has a low basketball IQ and they can't execute when it counts. Hopefully we can improve as the season progresses.

LET IT RIP!!!!
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Re: tO$U Post game thread!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 12:54:23 AM »
Awfully nice of Whitman to help tO$U out in their Illinois recruiting efforts by scheduling a home game at the United Center ... and right after a road game in Nebraska to boot.

I guess it's expected our players are athlete students, not student athletes ... got academic classes?!?  Were their even 2000 Illini fans in attendance?

The Hall coulda and shoulda been rocking tonight
- UNLV coulda played us in Chicago on Saturday ... details details  :MrFurious:

This sports admin team has a low Basketball IQ, even more than the actual b-ball team.

Who made or even agreed to this schedule with such a young, error prone team ?!?!?!?!?!

ONLY HIGHLIGHT: Nichols showed up for second straight game - that's a good sign
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 12:59:07 AM by Original Joe »

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 01:22:09 AM »
I agree. This was bad scheduling by Illinois. Give up a home game during the week to play a Big Ten home game in Chicago. Should have swapped the UNLV and OSU games. Need true home games in the Big Ten for some home crowd advantage. this team is young and needs time to get it.
Still crazy

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 03:57:04 AM »
I could care less about scheduling this year, as we aren't going anywhere.  But I do think the officials saw that Ohio St had more fouls and decided to even things up on ticky tack fouls which weren't called the same on both ends.  Then we started missing some shots and legitimately fouling.  Agree whole-heartedly that we should be considered low iq.  Bad passes, losing your man on defense, and fouling for no reason just happens way too much. 

Trent started hot, Kipper was a plus player tonite.  Not much from Ayo, Williams, or Gorgi offensively.  I wish our freshman would get more minutes.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 10:29:15 AM »
this team aint gonna hit 10 wins this year
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline obmtl

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 09:02:42 PM »
I thought we showed signs that we could be competitive. Unfortunately, those stretches were shorter lived than the stretches when we couldn't hit a shot or didn't get a shot and fouled at both ends of the floor. OSU hit some shots including a couple of deep 3s that I thought were pretty well defended - just better offense. But we also had many defensive breakdowns for easy looks. We are totally overmatched in the lane - but we knew that before the season started. de la Rosa is not an answer. Neither is Kane.

Underwood was railing about the 13 missed layups in the 2nd half. A lot of those were strongly contested, off balance prayers that were bad shots at best. We have to recognize what a good shot is and what it isn't.

I think this game was better in many ways than the Nebraska game, but also don't see many wins coming unless things change dramatically. Not holding my breath on those changes.

Have to figure out how to cut down the fouls. Some were BS calls, but we still foul way to much and a lot are simply stupid and unnecessary. When you get beat don't compound the mistake by fouling.