ND post game thread

• 5 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
ND post game thread
« on: November 27, 2018, 10:22:50 PM »
Wow Trent almost pulled it off ......... but once again, the effort was there but couldn't execute when it counted. Down by 4, Trent with the reach in foul and then Trent taking a 6' 11 center to the rack were both bad decisions. Giorgi B. or Jordan needed to take that shot. 2 and 5 smh  :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

* We are looking completely lost in the half court offense. Maybe it's not being executed correctly but I see the same movement with out any adjustments or variations.
* De La Rosa has size but no talent. I really want to see what Kane has.
* No way this team wins any meaningful games with Jordan playing the 4.
* Kipper should have transferred because he hasn't shown that he wants to play.
* Trent almost had the game winner but he was off after he tweaked his ankle.

LET IT RIP!!!!!!

My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline ctibass

Re: ND post game thread
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 10:29:06 PM »
Felt like we abandoned Giorgi in the post at the beginning of the second half.  It seems like they are playing as if we have no bigs in the half court.  Giorgi has pretty decent post moves, and Adonis' post moves aren't horrible, but he never gets the ball in the low block.  The drive and kick was working like crazy at the end of the first half, and we abandoned that as well to start the second half.  Our second half slow starts are our own doing.  We stop doing what was working and instead try to settle into some kind of motion where the ball never leaves the backcourt...

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 10:43:19 PM »
In the 2nd half Giorgi B. scored down low on consecutive possessions, then the next time down instead of feeding him Trent jacks up a wing 3 and missed. Trent has to recognize that and get him the ball. Also, the high pick and roll with Giorgi B. diving to the hoop was open but we never took advantage of it.

My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline obmtl

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 10:52:40 PM »
when you miss 14 of 15 shots and give up a 17-2 run in the middle 10 minutes of the 2nd half you are not going to win many. nice comeback, but too big a hole. seems like every defensive trip was an +1 and every offensive trip was a blocked shot.

Offline lwchicago

• If you could turn back the hands of time
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 03:27:07 AM »
I believe that Underwood needs to coach more on offense instead of them running what they want or "taking what the defense gives them" .  The guy who was blocking most of the shots, would've been on the bench because of  fouls if they would've kept feeding the post. The coach cant allow his team to go 5 minutes without a  basket,  he has to draw up something to get a basket or foul every time down.
When life gets tough........I get tougher

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 11:53:22 AM »
Notre Dame isnt a very good team this year.  Neither are we, and we most likely arent going to be.  But we can get alot better.  First off, during that bad stretch, every play was some ticky tack foul that was called when we were literally trying not to foul giving them an 'and 1'.  We have no lane presence on defense and we cant seem to keep guards from penetrating the lane either which is a recipe for disaster.  On offense, we shoot pretty well but dont pass well which thwarts any movement we have.  I have yet to see this main staple of our offense give anything at all.  This having our center with his back to the basket waiting to hand the ball off to one of our guards as they cut next to him wont work if your guards aren't going to make 15' jump shots or aren't great passers. Their mentality, as it was last year, is to take it to the rim against a guy who is 6 inches taller than them. And what is up with going into the lane early when you have Trent shooting a free throw?  Low BB iq!  When we started to come back, our defensive intensity went way up.  That has to be our level every minute of every game.