Mississippi Valley

• 4 replies

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
Mississippi Valley
« on: November 25, 2018, 05:24:32 PM »
I didn't see the  game. Reading the box score, it looks like everybody got minutes and Kane played well.

Offline obmtl

Re: Mississippi Valley
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 05:36:59 PM »
I'll take the win, but I was not impressed. we did some good things, but a well oiled machine we are not. Ayo with 9 boards and 9 assists. we shot well from 3 (mostly against zone), but probably still took too many (30). defense is still a problem. inside offense is still a problem. fouls by bigs is still a problem. Samba was OK. Got a couple of slams and hit a jumper or two and had at least one block. FTs not his thing. still raw and better competition will be a problem. Giorgi didn't do much. Kipper scored some, but rebounding still not a forte.

substitutions sometimes were head scratchers - at least for me.

Offline Beast

• In the distance you hear the call
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 09:32:11 AM »
Tied the team record of 3's in a game with 16.  Shot 53%.  Not going to get that output every game - gotta get a better scheme.  Griffin looked pretty good - until the last couple of minutes
Vision without action is a daydream.  Action without vision is a nightmare.

Offline chief321

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 10:39:42 AM »
Right now we are not good at all.  That was a bad team we played.
Giorgi seems to have hit a wall, which is common.  I hope he snaps out of it soon.
Need the 4 & 5 spots to be respectable and Ayo and Trent to kick ass and take names...or it's going to be a rough year again. 
Not sure if Samba can do anything against competition...hard to read but glad to see him out there.

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 08:47:45 PM »
I think the guys were still a little off from the Maui trip. Coach said he wanted to give some of guys some rest. It didn't loo smooth, but we emptied the bench with a 25 point lead and 5 minutes or so left. I had Orange Crush seats right behind the bench for this game (student break) and got to watch coach and team up close. Coach yells a lot and gets in their faces to let them know what he wants. I saw some good things for the future with this game. Good to see Samba play. Trent said Samba was felling a bit overwhelmed and they have been encouraging him and this game was good for him.
Still crazy