• 12 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
Xavier post game thread!
« on: November 23, 2018, 08:47:14 AM »
All I have to say is ...................  :nonono:

LET IT RIP!!!!
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline Hawk

Re: Xavier post game thread!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 10:18:01 AM »
1-4 start....wake me up when its next season
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 01:42:16 PM »
Still need more size. 4/5 is the weak link so far
Still crazy

Offline Musson

• Me and "The Girls Next Door" Sorry boys!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 03:40:21 PM »
Where in the F is Samba Kane??
Centennial Chargers Class of 1992, we sucked, but still proud!!!? Lifetime member and founder of CTOWN POSSE!

Offline Hawk

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 06:23:59 PM »
Where in the F is Samba Kane??
did he ever come back?
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Musson

• Me and "The Girls Next Door" Sorry boys!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 09:33:48 PM »
He is in school.  He practices.  There is all kinds of stuff about him being a running fool.  Leading sprints. Finishing second, only to Frazier in the mile run. 

Where the F is Samba Kane????
Centennial Chargers Class of 1992, we sucked, but still proud!!!? Lifetime member and founder of CTOWN POSSE!

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 02:03:18 AM »
He is in school.  He practices.  There is all kinds of stuff about him being a running fool.  Leading sprints. Finishing second, only to Frazier in the mile run. 

Where the F is Samba Kane????
The game I saw him play, he looked tentative. He missed the summer workouts, so he is behind in conditioning and learning the offense. He did look athletic
Still crazy

Offline lwchicago

• If you could turn back the hands of time
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 08:13:49 AM »
I would also like to know why he isn't playing someone else with some size. But my biggest question/problem where is the offense. He needed better players with a better basketball IQ to get more out of the offense and he has them but you see the same play being ran so many times, sure they get points out of it but when you need a basket at the end of the game, it's like they are ready for anything that play has to bring.

You tell me the last time the Illini have had 3 gaurds that can get their own shots at will. I need to see more coaching on the offensive end, that would solve half of this teams problems. I'm so glad the Bears are playing good or I would be hard to deal with at work lol
When life gets tough........I get tougher

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 10:30:09 AM »
I would also like to know why he isn't playing someone else with some size. But my biggest question/problem where is the offense. He needed better players with a better basketball IQ to get more out of the offense and he has them but you see the same play being ran so many times, sure they get points out of it but when you need a basket at the end of the game, it's like they are ready for anything that play has to bring.

You tell me the last time the Illini have had 3 gaurds that can get their own shots at will. I need to see more coaching on the offensive end, that would solve half of this teams problems. I'm so glad the Bears are playing good or I would be hard to deal with at work lol
Im not a big fan of the offense.  We need more penetration and better passing.  I wouldn't mind if we lost most of our early games if I would see some real playmaking.  I think we have the 3 point shooters to win games even with our defensive and rebounding liabilities.  But to say that we have better players than last year is crazy to me.  Does Ayo make up for all we lost last year?  Our lineup starts 6'9 Giorgi, 6'6 Kipper and 6'5 Jordan.  And so far, Jordan has been the best defender, rebounder, and player of the 3. De La Rosa is coming off a major knee surgery and its pretty obvious that he isn't 100%. Evidently Kane isn't ready to hit the court.  But there is some good.  If we would have beaten Xavior, then we'd be a young dangerous team which had a bad half against a pretty good Ia St team. I want to play well at the end of the season and have some real momentum going into next year.

Offline lwchicago

• If you could turn back the hands of time
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2018, 11:00:26 AM »
If you notice what I said was, he (Brad) needed better players with better basketball IQ's and he does have that. We lost Leron B, someone who was able to get his own shot in the paint when he wanted to.

We lost a 6'10 player who didn't really play up to his potential. We still got out rebounded most games with both of them on the team.

I hate we lost Lucas, he worked hard and would've been a great asset off the bench.

The 3 guards we have are really good. We need  PF 6'8- 6'9 that can rebound.

Our biggest player on the court is 22-15 feet out setting pics 80% of the time, so if our guards who are posted up at the corner 3, top of the key 3 and opposite corner 3 dont rebound at a high level you get what we get.

If AJ is our best rebounder we are in trouble because the B1G isn't small at that SF/3 position. 

I'll  take this team over last year's team. They will get better but they have to either shoot the ball well over 50% every game or get there ass in there and box out.

Heck we make other  teams turn it over a lot but we turn it over 15 times a game lol
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 11:03:38 AM by lwchicago »
When life gets tough........I get tougher