• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
ISU Post game thread!!
« on: November 20, 2018, 08:06:26 PM »
I guess they left it all on the court last night

* Trent struggled early on but flipped the switch too late
* Mystery flagrant on Giorgi B. kind of sucked the momentum away
* Kipper still on a milk carton
* THT had a chip on his shoulder, I mentioned back when he was in HS that he was very skilled
* No answer for Jacobson

LET IT RIP!!!!
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline Musson

• Me and "The Girls Next Door" Sorry boys!
Re: ISU Post game thread!!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 08:26:02 PM »
Where the F is Samba Kane?
Centennial Chargers Class of 1992, we sucked, but still proud!!!? Lifetime member and founder of CTOWN POSSE!

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 08:30:43 PM »
That was some kind of uninspired second half performance

We really are in trouble if either Frazier or Georgi B is in foul trouble. 

Still hoping Damonte elevates his game this year - we need his X factor capability BAD

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 09:31:31 PM »
Referees were horrible. Trent has a very limited conscience.

Offline obmtl

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 10:44:28 PM »
didn't get to see it, but listened online. some reserves stepped up that first half. nobody stepped up in that 2nd half.

defense - we simply have to find a way to play without fouling. how long will it take Underwood to figure out that these guys can't play the defense he wants? find something that they can play.

offense - elite shooting my @$$. basketball IQ - didn't sound like there was much on our side.

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 12:12:15 AM »
I didn't see most of the 2nd half except at the end where Frazier was hitting some shots.  But I did see the 1st half.  Our offense leaves a lot to be desired, but Ayo, Jordan and Griffin were hitting shots.  I felt the officiating wasn't good in our favor in either of these games, but today, they literally let Ia St put there head down, drive, and draw the foul.  Our defense was ok the first half.  We cant play a standard D because we just have no athletic size, so this scrambling 'midmajor' type of basketball is our only hope.  We were up 5 at the half. Giorgi was in foul trouble within about 3 minutes of the opening tip so we got very little inside.

Its encouraging that we are competing, and getting very little from Kipper, who I felt had to be a double double guy this year. After this tourney, Underwood needs to work on cutting to the rim and passing the ball, because we miss a lot of opportunities.  With our size we may not be able to make the shot at the rim, but we will draw in the defense leaving the open 3, which is where we will live this year.  Williams usually has a mismatch so he needs to be a playmaker and drive the lane.  Ayo and Griffin are solid.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 11:43:05 AM »
1-3 start...wow....smh
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain