Never - he is Illini football
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Lovie Countdown

• 15 replies

Offline UEACES80

Lovie Countdown
« on: November 18, 2018, 11:41:03 AM »
I think we all agree the clock is ticking.
The Chief will live forever in the hearts of all Illini fans!

Re: Lovie Countdown
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 03:55:11 PM »
It was men vs boys yesterday ... not against Alabama, but against Iowa

I like Lovie and want him to succeed, but that was something to behold - not!

He should be able to get black talent, Chicago suburban kids who grew up with the Bears, Texas kids ...

WTF ?!?

Offline seanwins

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 05:14:09 PM »
No question he should be gone at the end of the year but something tells me they will give him another year and it will be another disaster.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 05:44:16 PM by seanwins »

Offline Hawk

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 11:36:49 AM »
who are you going to get that can recruit better?  thats the question...its about talent plain and simple, if they guy you are replacing him with you cant say flat out will bring in better players, then you shouldn't make the move you're better off staying with stability
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Thanos

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 02:26:22 PM »
👆👍
Some see the glass half empty.  Others see the glass as half full.  Me... I just wonder who the hell is drinking my BEER!

Offline Beast

• In the distance you hear the call
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 02:41:43 PM »
No question he should be gone at the end of the year but something tells me they will give him another year and it will be another disaster.

This is my thought as well.
Vision without action is a daydream.  Action without vision is a nightmare.

Offline ctibass

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 09:45:01 PM »
If you get rid of Lovie at the end of this year, you will never get a splash hire here ever, plain and simple.  Coaches already see the ridiculously high expectations the fans have of the team, coupled with the difficulties recruiting to Champaign.  If you add in there an administration that will not allow the coach time to build from less than nothing, and you're going to get Tim Beckman's forever, and maybe, just maybe, hit a diamond in the rough sometime in the next 30 years who will use the job as a stepping stone.

We have seen progress from last year.  Has it been consistent every week? No, it hasn't, but we still have 2 more B1G wins than we had last year, one against a team who has played most teams close and even beat a few that we lost to.  The B1G is a lot stronger this year than people give us credit for and it will be shown come bowl season.  Michigan will win convincingly next week against tOSU and then beat Northwestern by at least 7.  They will then go into the playoffs and get spanked by either Alabama or Clemson, but those two teams are on an echelon all their own.

Offline Chi

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 01:36:41 PM »
Countdown cancelled.  He just got a two year extension.

No words.

Offline obmtl

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 02:09:15 PM »
I hope Josh is right. I understand the desire for stability. But the product on the field is really difficult to watch. Stability at the bottom sucks.

Offline seanwins

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 03:07:43 PM »
Sweet more years of 63-0 losses to teams like Iowa.  Awesome. :sick: