Purdue blowout

• 7 replies

Offline obmtl

Purdue blowout
« on: October 13, 2018, 07:57:14 PM »
totally dominated. one sorry excuse of a football team.

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
Re: Purdue blowout
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 09:11:17 PM »
Bush needs to sit going forward. Horrible all around today. Defense front 7 needs to get much bigger.

Offline ctibass

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 10:39:13 PM »
wow...

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 03:13:25 PM »
These players are just god awful!!  No better than last year and next year's recruiting class is ranked 74th.  The future looks grim.  But Whitman thinks Lovie is doing a great job, so everything is fine.  :nonono:

Offline obmtl

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 08:21:57 PM »
I don't know what Whitman is watching and I'm no expert, but even I can see that there a lot of things that are not right. Somehow we looked decent for 3 quarters against Penn St., but it was a all a mirage. We seem to have made no progress toward being competitive with even mediocre teams.

Jury may still be out on the basketball side, but I fear the same.

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 08:25:21 PM »
I'm a little bit more generous to Lovie when it comes expectations compared to some Illini fans on other boards, but this loss was just - ugh. It was horrible. I knew the defense was quite bad but the performance Saturday afternoon was embarrassing. The entire football team needs to rethink if Littyville is just empty rhetoric or if they're indeed building U-C as Littyville.

I still think the football staff and team will get two Big Ten wins (Nebraska + N'western), just one game short of being bowl eligible (I do think such a standard should be scrapped ... even if the Illini were to win six games they're, at best, a below average team).

At least the band was great.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 08:28:21 PM by Midwest88 »
Never Forget:

Chief Illiniwek
Column "I"
War Chant

Offline Hawk

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 11:36:35 AM »
SOS  - SAVE OUR SCHOOL!
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 06:02:36 PM »
The biggest indictment against Lovie Smith is another coach:  Jeff Brohm of Purdue.  Brohm, a former Illini assistant, took over a program that was 9-59 prior to his arrival.  His FIRST YEAR on the job, he got them to a bowl game (which they won).  This is his 2nd year and it looks like another bowl year.  This is Lovie's 3rd year and here we are:  1-2 in the B1G, with both losses by 39 points.