World of Recruiting

• 2 replies

World of Recruiting
« on: October 08, 2018, 09:52:44 PM »
I was listening to sports talk radio today and a journalist (unfortunately never heard a name) was discussing the Brian Bowen situation.  For those not sure who that is, he was a highly regarded recruit that Louisville signed but ultimately cost Rick Pitino his job after it surfaced the family received $100,000.  Bowen's father listed several other financial offers that his family received if his son went to school for them.  He also listed prep schools and AAU programs that was giving this family thousands of dollars.

Here is a link to an article listing all of the money involved:  https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2018/10/5/17941060/brian-bowen-fbi-scandal-offers-creighton-texas-arizona-louisville-nike-adidas

Offline Hawk

Re: World of Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 02:54:50 PM »
man its much worse then we ever thought! getting paid in high school even.  smh

blow up the entire system, seems show companies are at the core of the problem..I say fine the crap out of them to start, if you even can
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline ctibass

Re: World of Recruiting
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 03:57:57 PM »
I saw they mentioned Oklahoma State and that assistant under Brad, y'all think there's any chance this could affect us negatively?