Fall Recruiting Thread

• 155 replies

Offline Beast

• In the distance you hear the call
Re: Fall Recruiting Thread
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 08:27:31 PM »
Vision without action is a daydream.  Action without vision is a nightmare.

Offline UEACES80

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2018, 11:36:13 PM »
Good luck to him seems like a good young man. I am not seeing Underwood have much success and am frustrated we seem like the runner up over and over.
The Chief will live forever in the hearts of all Illini fans!

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2018, 12:23:47 AM »
Completely underwhelmed with underwood and his staffs ability to recruit.

Online chief321

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2018, 09:36:52 AM »
Tired of all of the recruiting misses. This staff was supposed to be the ticket.  Sure doesn't look any better than what we have become accustomed to.

Offline Beast

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2018, 10:10:38 AM »
On to the next:  top-50 wing Quincy Guerrier will visit Illinois this weekend - his third and final OV.

Offline Beast

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2018, 12:03:50 PM »

Offline Hawk

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 12:17:33 PM »
Tired of all of the recruiting misses. This staff was supposed to be the ticket.  Sure doesn't look any better than what we have become accustomed to.

hate to say it, but its been as predicted im afraid, so far anyway  :veryannoyed:

sorry but the guy never had a track record of recruiting, and most of his success was at a mid major where "coaching em up" plays a greater role then at a power conference school. most of the time you're not going to get 4 and 5 stars to go to a school like SFA.  his one year at OSU was with a one and done lottery pick PG he didnt recruit, but took over.

Coaching matters, but talent does even more once you get to the big leagues.  its a bit alarming that half the roster jumped ship over the course of his first year here too. is it not an enjoyable system? is he too big of a hard ass in practice? I dunno. players talk though and what sent those guys packing could easily be turning others off from coming here.

I dont know what the answer is here, but ive never been less interested in Illini athletics as I a at this point in time
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 12:19:24 PM by Hawk »
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Beast

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2018, 02:05:14 PM »
I see your point but, to me, one season under Underwood doesn't establish a pattern. Just need to give him time (I know - that's a lame Illini excuse).  We are at least in the running for a lot of 4/5* talent - we just need to start reeling them in.

Offline Beast

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 04:51:05 PM »
"I chose Ohio State because those guys are winners, and I thought I was gonna come in and win," Liddell, a four-star forward, told cleveland.com on Monday night.

"I believe playing with those guys, we can come in and win, and have a big season."
https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/10/why_ej_liddell_picked_ohio_sta.html

Offline Hawk

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2018, 05:04:02 PM »
yikes...tell us how you really feel!
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain