Trubisky

• 38 replies

Online tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
Trubisky
« on: September 19, 2018, 05:36:44 PM »
Cowherd and the local press here are all over Trubisky. I don't get it. He's in a new offense with new receivers. He's not a finished product, but I like Alot of
what I've seen. He's mobile, throws well on the move to either side, and has control of the huddle. I know he needs to throw the long ball better, but that's not a function of his arm strength. That's really getting to know your receivers. I wasn't upset with his play in GB. I thought that was a function of not using Howard on 3d and 1, and Fuller dropping an interception right in his hands. I'm  ready for Trubisky to grow along with the offense. Others thoughts?

Offline ctibass

Re: Trubisky
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 05:52:19 PM »
Cowherd and the local press here are all over Trubisky. I don't get it. He's in a new offense with new receivers. He's not a finished product, but I like Alot of
what I've seen. He's mobile, throws well on the move to either side, and has control of the huddle. I know he needs to throw the long ball better, but that's not a function of his arm strength. That's really getting to know your receivers. I wasn't upset with his play in GB. I thought that was a function of not using Howard on 3d and 1, and Fuller dropping an interception right in his hands. I'm  ready for Trubisky to grow along with the offense. Others thoughts?

My main knock on him right now is how gun-shy he seems to be.  Especially in the second half, it seems he'd rather hold the ball than throw it. 

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 06:29:40 PM »
Trubisky has played something like 14 games in college and the same in the pros and it shows. I'm not ready to get rid of him but he has to make better decisions on the field. When he gets pressured he gets happy feet and I heard that he is always thinking about not making turnovers when that should be 2nd nature. I would say we are about 2 seasons away from seeing if he is the man or not.   
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 09:25:01 PM »
Bears were predicted to win 3.5 games by Las Vegas before the season. They now are favored to win 6 of the first 8. I'm just gonna enjoy the ride
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 06:11:12 PM »
Trubisky absolutely sucks

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 06:38:16 PM »
Mitch missing open wr's and playing like a college freshman. He is going to get picked if he keeps going at Patrick Patterson.
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 06:39:23 PM »
Remind me why we let go of Gould?

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 06:47:56 PM »
Mitch is horrible under pressure.

Online tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 09:09:05 PM »
This offense needs to play together. I'm happy to win on the road.

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 10:17:07 PM »
Parkey did OK but yeah Gould still is a dumb move.