Go Bears

• 12 replies

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
Go Bears
« on: September 09, 2018, 08:48:06 PM »
Looking for big improvement this year. This team is young, and if Trubisky is the real deal, headed for big things. The only weakness I see, going forward, is OT. We have money to fix that this off season.

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
Re: Go Bears
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 09:46:43 PM »
Bears look SOOOOOOO much better with a competent coach and some key player additions. This is a good team!
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline ctibass

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 10:10:44 PM »
Bears look SOOOOOOO much better with a competent coach and some key player additions. This is a good team!

Trying to not say anything on Facebook til later, but we are looking pretty good.  Defense playing as well as anyone could hope at this point.  Robinson looking worth every penny so far.

Offline ctibass

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 10:14:12 PM »
Khalil Mack siting...not sure if he gets 1/2 sack for that or not

Offline ctibass

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 10:29:24 PM »
Khalil Mack siting...not sure if he gets 1/2 sack for that or not
And now a strip sack!

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 10:43:43 PM »
worth every penny. Mack, Hicks, Smith. This is a legit elite defense

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 12:26:23 AM »
Same old bears

Trubisky sucks, Nagy sucks, and Fuller sucks.

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 12:32:47 AM »
Should have won this game but we crapped the bed.

* Defense sat back and didn't bring the heat on a 1 legged QB.
* Mitch got happy feet and missed several receivers down field when he got pressure.
* Nagy got way too cute on 3rd and short several times by passing instead of running the ball.
* Secondary was horrible in the 2nd half. Amukamara was getting toasted and Fuller dropped game clinching INT.
* Roquan Smith barely played.
* Very frustrating watching them piss this game away.
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 10:47:45 AM »
Bears are a 3 point fave against Seattle, win that game, we can win 3 of first 4. From a glass half full standpoint, it took us epically blowing a game to green bay to lose, it wasn't talent, it was moronicness lol

Offline ctibass

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 01:41:03 PM »
Bears are a 3 point fave against Seattle, win that game, we can win 3 of first 4. From a glass half full standpoint, it took us epically blowing a game to green bay to lose, it wasn't talent, it was moronicness lol

For as crappy as I feel today after watching that game last night, I do feel better about this team on the whole.  We looked good on both offense and defense in the first half.  That will get better as Smith and Mack get into better shape, they definitely ran out of gas in the second half, especially Mack.  Our biggest weakness right now, IMHO, is the secondary.  The Allison touchdown was a good throw and catch (minus a little offensive pushoff), but not really a bad play by the D, but there were many others that were complete breakdowns.

Are we a superbowl team? heck no.  Are we a playoff team? Possibly if we get some help.  All in all, after 1 game I have a better outlook on the season. Thinking 9-7.