B1G sucks so far

• 8 replies

Offline ctibass

B1G sucks so far
« on: September 08, 2018, 10:28:07 PM »
Penn State needs OT last week against App State
Purdue and Northwestern both fall this week to Eastern Michigan and Duke respectively.
Nebraska falls to Colorado.

We may squeak out a bowl after all, as long as we can figure out teams before halftime...seemed like it was halfway through the second quarter til we had a handle on this game, and last week was night and day before and after halftime.

Offline obmtl

Re: B1G sucks so far
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 12:17:05 AM »
no way this Illini team is bowling.

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 04:45:16 PM »
mediocre at best. If we get to 5 wins we can bowl, like 9 B10 teams are tied in, can we get to 5?
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 06:01:58 PM »
We were lucky to win the 2 games against pitiful competition---and we had to struggle to do that.

I say we win 3 games this year.  We need to show Smith's hiring was not a huge mistake (might have been) by showing SOME improvement.  Going from 2-10 to 3-9 would do that.  Winning a B1G game this year is a must.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 02:37:14 PM »
The rebuilding process for Lovie and co. is steep. I know he can do it.
Never Forget:

Chief Illiniwek
Column "I"
War Chant

Offline ctibass

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 02:55:58 PM »
We were lucky to win the 2 games against pitiful competition---and we had to struggle to do that.

I say we win 3 games this year.  We need to show Smith's hiring was not a huge mistake (might have been) by showing SOME improvement.  Going from 2-10 to 3-9 would do that.  Winning a B1G game this year is a must.

After 2 weeks and looking at the league's performance as a whole, I see our floor as 4 wins, ceiling of 7, and realistically thinking 5, maybe 6. 

Our possible wins: Rutgers, Purdue, Minnesota, Nebraska(slim), Northwestern

I'm not saying we will win 7, but these games are all winnable in the sense of we play our best game of the season against their worst.  All other games, I feel the opponent could come out with 9 guys and still beat us...

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 07:26:47 PM »
our floor is 4 with a full roster which is questionable at this point.
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline ctibass

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 05:26:36 PM »

After 2 weeks and looking at the league's performance as a whole, I see our floor as 4 wins, ceiling of 7, and realistically thinking 5, maybe 6. 

Our possible wins: Rutgers, Purdue, Minnesota, Nebraska(slim), Northwestern

I'm not saying we will win 7, but these games are all winnable in the sense of we play our best game of the season against their worst.  All other games, I feel the opponent could come out with 9 guys and still beat us...

After watching Nebraska lose to Troy today, I think the slim chances have been upgraded to decent chance

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2018, 10:05:32 PM »
B1G still sucks with Nebraska, Wisconsin, Maryland, and Rutgers, all losing in addition to Illinois. 
Rutgers really got pummeled by a non-descript Kansas team. It looks like Rutgers appears to be Illinois' best chance for a B1G win this season.