Bears FA/Draft

• 19 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
Re: Bears FA/Draft
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 09:51:48 PM »
Damn, i really wanted Nelson
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline ctibass

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2018, 10:03:29 PM »
Roquan Smith is a good pick.  He will anchor the middle of the D for many years to come.

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2018, 10:32:11 PM »
Colts were supposedly torn between Nelson and Smith

Either starts from day one and plays 10+ year at pro bowl level, couldn't go wrong either way.

Need pass rushers tomorrow
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 10:48:29 PM »
Smith is a damn good player but I still wanted Nelson then Fitzpatrick.
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline Hawk

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2018, 11:50:24 PM »
I was hoping Chubbs would fall to Bears lol
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline joker2305

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2018, 10:20:18 AM »

honestly I was surprised he made it to Denver. I couldn't believe Cleveland took ward over Chubb. happy with smith, but ya, I would've preferred nelson.
"I see pride! I see power! I see a badass mudda, who don't take no shit off of nobody!"

Offline ctibass

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2018, 11:27:29 AM »

honestly I was surprised he made it to Denver. I couldn't believe Cleveland took ward over Chubb. happy with smith, but ya, I would've preferred nelson.
3 solid guards available at the start of the second round.  I?d say that?s the route we go.  Will Hernandez from UTEP is a beast and would be a great grab if he?s still there at number 7 tonight, but Williams from Texas isn?t a slouch either.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2018, 04:37:32 PM »
I like the pick for where they were in the draft..obviously they could have really used a guy like Chubbs, but they have so many needs. have to get some help on the O line this draft
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2018, 08:53:05 PM »
The 4th round pick was a  bit of a reach but the rest was good, solid A- ish draft

I expect the top 3 guys to start day one
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline Hawk