Bulls gave Parker 20M a year...

• 9 replies

Offline Hawk

Bulls gave Parker 20M a year...
« on: July 14, 2018, 11:53:07 PM »
Lmfao!
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
Re: Bulls gave Parker 20M a year...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 04:49:12 AM »
One year guaranteed. Parker is an extremely talented player. If he can get healthy he's a terrific piece. Not a bad risk at all.

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 02:13:47 PM »
When he is healthy he has produced, but with ACL issues who knows. One year tryout
Still crazy

Offline Hawk

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 10:41:20 PM »
One year guaranteed. Parker is an extremely talented player. If he can get healthy he's a terrific piece. Not a bad risk at all.

i know its just funny, Levin their own player got less
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline ctibass

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 01:49:35 PM »
I actually like both of the moves with how they are essentially one year tryout deals and still give us the ability to have a lot of cap room next summer.

Offline joker2305

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 01:50:47 PM »

i know its just funny, Levin their own player got less
good point. but I think he got so much the first year, because the second year is a team option. if, for some outside chance, he plays out of his mind this year he could probably command high $20s in the open market. too bad, the bulls can retain him at $20 mil for next season too. that's probably a long shot, but I'm sure that's why both sides agreed to this deal. like tb said, just a 1 year prove it deal that could be beneficial for the bulls next year if his play meets or exceeds $20 mil/year production. if not, we weren't competing for anything this year, either way, so who cares how much our team salary is? besides the owner, of course lol
"I see pride! I see power! I see a badass mudda, who don't take no shit off of nobody!"

Offline Hawk

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 05:26:38 PM »
obviously they had the cap space and I dont think anybody else was out there, so its worth a flyer. I dont expect much from him though this year...Crazy how both him and Rose both Simeon guys have had such terrible ACL issues. maybe its those ridiculous schedules they are playing at high school level putting hard wear and tear on still developing bodies?

Offline ctibass

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 05:55:01 PM »
It sure makes a nice young core of guys for a lineup with Dunn - Lavine - Parker  - Markannen(sp?) - Carter Jr

Plus there's a guard who's been tearing it up in the Summer League who was on the G-League team last year who might get the bump up.

Offline joker2305

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 06:39:06 PM »
It sure makes a nice young core of guys for a lineup with Dunn - Lavine - Parker  - Markannen(sp?) - Carter Jr

Plus there's a guard who's been tearing it up in the Summer League who was on the G-League team last year who might get the bump up.
definitely! it's nice to be an up and coming team with lots of promise in future years. versus a good (not great) team that everyone knows will got bounced out of the playoffs before the season starts (looking at you Toronto!)
"I see pride! I see power! I see a badass mudda, who don't take no shit off of nobody!"

Offline Hawk

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 06:42:59 PM »
They have some nice pieces.i'm not sure any of them are going to be a guy that can win you a championship though. but if they can ever get that guy they could be dangerous.  Id like to say maybe free agency, but lets be honest the Bulls have not signed a super franchise impacting free agent maybe ever