Hey Guys

• 9 replies

Offline illiniman94

Hey Guys
« on: July 14, 2018, 04:11:49 PM »
Hey Guys - sorry I haven't been around much lately. I've been trying to find a job and have been taking a bit if a break from the internet and some social media. 

Regarding my life I am finally healthy enough to work and have  had a couple promising things fall through but not a ton of action. It is hard when you are 52 and have been out of work for almost 3 years. I just started really looking in January and is just so freaking hard to get a resume into a hiring managers hands. As an MBA with 25 years of leadership experience you hear that people should be lining up offering me great  jobs.  Unfortunately that's not the case. If any of you know of anyone who could use a strong operations manager, director of operations, general manager, program manager or even a department manager for a large company I would really appreciate any help you can throw my way because we are really hurting financially. I am willing to relocate anywhere and actually thought I had a good job lined up out in Fresno California which was surprisingly cheap to live, but unfortunately it fell through. That one kind of crushed my soul a bit but I'm climbing back and fighting hard to get into some places

Anyway Philly told me a few of you have been asking about me and I appreciate it. Thank you for the concern.  I'm okay I've just been taking a bit of a break. That being said I still love me some Illini and I'm ready for football to start and then basketball.

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
Re: Hey Guys
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 08:30:46 PM »
I heard you were in jail.   ;)
Still crazy

Offline LAlady81

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 09:56:04 PM »
 :jail10:
"Religion is for those afraid of hell; spirituality is for those who have already been there"

No matter how dark the moment, love and peace are always near.

Daddy cried when he saw my tattoo, said he loved me anyway.

Offline lwchicago

• If you could turn back the hands of time
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 12:19:03 AM »
Keep your head up. I dont know what you believe or even if you believe in a higher power but it's always good to keep the faith. Dont let anything or anyone make you question who or what you are.

Throw a party and invite close family and friends and celebrate the things that you have and the great things to come.
When life gets tough........I get tougher

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 01:05:04 PM »
I heard you were in jail.   ;)
Ha, not yet but you never know. 😉

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 01:09:08 PM »
Keep your head up. I dont know what you believe or even if you believe in a higher power but it's always good to keep the faith. Dont let anything or anyone make you question who or what you are.

Throw a party and invite close family and friends and celebrate the things that you have and the great things to come.
Thanks LW.  Eventually something has to break for us.

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 02:53:33 PM »
I know that things will come back together for you, as long as you go for it. Sometimes you have to shake it up. I wish you the best.

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 01:37:12 AM »
Rumors of a new financial system being worked out around the world amongst the powers that be

Suppose to be a huge redux in debt, and large funding of long-overdue infrastructure projects

Any contacts at CAT?  They should be beneficiary's in 2019 if there's any truth to these rumors

Offline Hawk

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 11:04:38 AM »
good to hear Iman!  have you tried sites like indeed when employers search for candidates?

We found a guy for our company through that site and it was a free service too
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 11:56:18 AM »
My dad lost his job at 52, yet ended up getting hired a year later by a guy HE'D hired thirty years earlier who'd gone on to successfully start his own company.  Good things happen to good people.  Hang tough.