Semba Kane going home for summer

• 18 replies

Offline bwbp3

Re: Semba Kane going home for summer
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 10:33:13 AM »
Deficient HS credits in ... something  :veryannoyed:

Our HS principal withheld our 'star' QB's diploma in 2014 because he failed to meet his community service and CPR training rqmt.  She sent a statement to the parents/entire athletic community, esp the freshman. No student has missed these requirement since then FWIW  :doh:

My guess would be Semba flunked something ... he was warned by a teacher to do the 'minimum' to pass and proceeded to let Senioritis/Parties get the best of him.  We'll never know the truth - hopefully he learned something - some do, some don't 
Rather presumptuous.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 11:49:37 AM »
Deficient HS credits in ... something  :veryannoyed:

Our HS principal withheld our 'star' QB's diploma in 2014 because he failed to meet his community service and CPR training rqmt.  She sent a statement to the parents/entire athletic community, esp the freshman. No student has missed these requirement since then FWIW  :doh:

My guess would be Semba flunked something ... he was warned by a teacher to do the 'minimum' to pass and proceeded to let Senioritis/Parties get the best of him.  We'll never know the truth - hopefully he learned something - some do, some don't

Yeah that, OR the NCAA clearinghouse is just a remedial, arbitrary process, and basically just sucks....id go with the later
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 01:14:36 PM »
supposedly clearinghouse has an issue with one course he took overseas or something like that
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 01:58:49 PM »

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 12:01:36 PM »
Taco, Ryan actually showed us the text message from Kane, this is all 100% factual. The article you posted as well, jives with the text
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 04:05:04 PM »
They never officially graduate until they officially graduate.  HS Seniors sitting the stands with parents in prepaid cap and gown (NOT on stage with classmates) are becoming more common in CA.

Quentin Watkins or whatever his name was from LA (Jeff Jordans summer roommate) became ineligible in August when the results from his California HS 'exit exam' came up short - to 8th grade standards in English or Math.  He ended up transferring out and playing ball at San Diego State.

Glad to hear Kane didn't blow off his last semester
.  Many HS have ONE 'counselor' to help hundreds of SR grads, whose salary is often paid for by grants ... the system being literally broke on multiple levels  :yuk:

Semba clearly got lost in FLA's system - the NCAA and his HS district SHOULD let him take an approved course remotely on computer. That's the right course and the one Whitman should be pursuing ... Sign him up for HS keyboarding!!!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 04:15:29 PM by Original Joe »

Offline Musson

• Me and "The Girls Next Door" Sorry boys!
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2018, 11:14:41 AM »
Where is the damn icon on this new fangled page that I can mash to just see most recent updates or unread posts since last visit?
Centennial Chargers Class of 1992, we sucked, but still proud!!!? Lifetime member and founder of CTOWN POSSE!

Offline ctibass

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2018, 07:48:43 PM »
Where is the damn icon on this new fangled page that I can mash to just see most recent updates or unread posts since last visit?

Use the "New Posts" bar on the right side of the page

Offline Musson

• Me and "The Girls Next Door" Sorry boys!
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2018, 08:56:00 PM »
I figured it out. 
What was happening, is I was never getting to the page that listed all the “child boards” and all.  So my only option was to hit the orange bar at the bottom of the fields for “new posts” and every reply, no matter the topic, were just all listed there. 

But by mashing the top I-N graphic across the top, it got me to that page and then the updated topics shows so I could select what I wanted to see. 
Centennial Chargers Class of 1992, we sucked, but still proud!!!? Lifetime member and founder of CTOWN POSSE!