Semba Kane going home for summer

• 18 replies

Offline chief321

Semba Kane going home for summer
« on: June 15, 2018, 11:08:07 AM »
Read this morning on twitter than Kane has an issue with his transcript...not joking...wish I was.
Said he should be back in August but will lose the summer. 

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
Re: Semba Kane going home for summer
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 11:51:57 AM »
That blows big time.
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline Beast

• In the distance you hear the call
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 01:41:13 PM »
Yeah, this is definitely not ideal.  He's losing summer time with the team.  Shouldn't he have already been in classes?  I'm not a debbie downer but this is a little concerning to say the least.
Vision without action is a daydream.  Action without vision is a nightmare.

Offline Beast

• In the distance you hear the call
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 01:48:20 PM »
An article from Piper:

CHAMPAIGN -- The Illini currently have two big men on this year’s roster, and one will not be with the team this summer as freshman Samba Kane is leaving campus due to transcript issues -- sources told IlliniInquirer.com.

Kane arrived on campus in late May, but he was unable to enroll in summer courses. He plans to return to Illinois in August to begin taking classes for the fall semester.

If Kane returns to campus in August and is able to begin taking classes, he will be eligible to play in the upcoming season. But that is still far from ideal, as he could absolutely use the summer to learn the system, develop his game with Orlando Antigua and make important gains in the weight room with Adam Fletcher.
247sports.com
Vision without action is a daydream.  Action without vision is a nightmare.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 03:45:13 PM »
Wow....over under on wins this year?  will we hit double digits even?

:nonono:
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 03:52:20 PM »
its going to be a long season.  not going to be fun to watch this year, I'm thinking.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 04:06:08 PM »
I bet there's a good chance we don't see him back here, they are just not saying that in the open...why the hell would you have to kick a player off campus and send them home for some  small technicality or something that could/should get worked out in a week or so?

something seems really wrong here, its like were definitely not getting the whole story. Wouldnt shock me in the least if this is a totally different story in a month.
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 09:09:20 PM »
Guys:

Just saw a text literally from him

He has a clearing house issue (NCAA) on ONE class, he needs to take and pass it this summer and he fine to be here in August

It sucks for a two month development standpoint, otherwise he'll be here, unless of course he doesn't pass.
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 09:10:39 PM »
its happened quite a bit lately to quite a few kids, just sucks because we are so thin.
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 01:12:11 AM »
Deficient HS credits in ... something  :veryannoyed:

Our HS principal withheld our 'star' QB's diploma in 2014 because he failed to meet his community service and CPR training rqmt.  She sent a statement to the parents/entire athletic community, esp the freshman. No student has missed these requirement since then FWIW  :doh:

My guess would be Semba flunked something ... he was warned by a teacher to do the 'minimum' to pass and proceeded to let Senioritis/Parties get the best of him.  We'll never know the truth - hopefully he learned something - some do, some don't