Summer Recruiting Thread

• 178 replies

Offline Beast

• In the distance you hear the call
Re: Summer Recruiting Thread
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2018, 11:11:59 AM »
^^^ that’s today
Vision without action is a daydream.  Action without vision is a nightmare.

Offline Beast

« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2018, 11:58:38 AM »

Kofi Cockburn, the 6-foot-10 center from Oak Hill (VA) Academy, is planning to take visits to  Kentucky, UConn, Florida State, and Illinois 

“Kentucky and UConn are both blue blood schools that get the job done,” said Cockburn. “They’re known for winning championships and as places to get better.”

Cockburn also spoke about Florida State and Illinois.
“They support me and make sure that I’m good,” he said. “They check up on me a lot and put in a lot of effort. So I’m going to return the favor.”

Offline chief321

« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2018, 02:15:13 PM »
We better snag some serious talent this year...and it's not looking good so far.
I felt like this staff had what it took to get some of the bigger fish landed, but maybe it's just not going to happen like we all want it to until we do a bit of winning?  I know we've all argued that point till we're blue in the face, but Kofi seems to say the blue-bloods 'get it done' and not just in winning I'm going to assume, but getting kids to the next level.  We sure haven't done that well for some time.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #133 on: August 13, 2018, 02:16:54 PM »
We better snag some serious talent this year...and it's not looking good so far.
I felt like this staff had what it took to get some of the bigger fish landed, but maybe it's just not going to happen like we all want it to until we do a bit of winning?  I know we've all argued that point till we're blue in the face, but Kofi seems to say the blue-bloods 'get it done' and not just in winning I'm going to assume, but getting kids to the next level.  We sure haven't done that well for some time.

they get it done alright  $$$$
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Beast

« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2018, 03:15:08 PM »
Liddell announces Illini in his top five:  Illinois, Kansas State, Missouri, Ohio State and Wisconsin.

https://247sports.com/college/illinois/Article/Mr-Basketball-winner-EJ-Liddell-announces-Illinois-Fighting-Illini-in-his-top-five-120209607/

« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 03:17:56 PM by Beast »

Offline Hawk

« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2018, 04:42:54 PM »
too bad we cant gather up all these honorable mentions and cash them in for a consolation price recruit
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2018, 04:45:17 PM »
Well said Hawk
The Chief will live forever in the hearts of all Illini fans!

Offline ctibass

« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2018, 05:00:25 PM »

Kofi Cockburn, the 6-foot-10 center from Oak Hill (VA) Academy, is planning to take visits to  Kentucky, UConn, Florida State, and Illinois 

“Kentucky and UConn are both blue blood schools that get the job done,” said Cockburn. “They’re known for winning championships and as places to get better.”

Cockburn also spoke about Florida State and Illinois.
“They support me and make sure that I’m good,” he said. “They check up on me a lot and put in a lot of effort. So I’m going to return the favor.”

Sounds like he's just throwing us a bone.  My guess (with no inside info) would be UCONN.

Offline Beast

« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2018, 05:30:36 PM »
I think it's UCONN too.  I read their board and they feel sorry for us because of Cockburns comment.  It was pretty back-handed.

Not counting on much with this recruitment. 

Offline Beast

« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2018, 11:55:11 AM »