NBA Unwatchable

• 1 replies

Offline ctibass

NBA Unwatchable
« on: May 22, 2018, 12:25:18 AM »
I've been trying to give the NBA another chance here in the playoffs, but this game is just getting unwatchable.  There's obviously no such thing as a moving screen anymore, offensive players are allowed to just lower their shoulder and barrel through people, and fouls are not called consistently.

The joke used to be that traveling was never called in the NBA, but now it seems that half the rules have been thrown out the window to give offenses more advantages.  Similarly to how it's hard to compare Brady to Montana because of the rules being so different in regards to both QB's and receivers between their eras, it is impossible to compare anyone from this era to players in the 70's-80's-90's because of how unbalanced the game is towards the offense.

Offline Hawk

Re: NBA Unwatchable
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 11:32:12 AM »
To me the NBA today is kind of like arena football when compared to the NFL. The Bulls being terrible for many years has played a hand in my loss of interest BUT I couldn't tell you the last time I watch a full NBA game Bulls or no Bulls..

Citi you hit the nail on the head, to me when I do catch a few minutes of games at bars or what not, its basically a frickin 3 point shooting contest or guys palming the ball and taking 5 steps and running to the hoop with zero defense or physicality played on them either. To me its a totally different game altogether. completely  unrecognizable from 90's or even early 2000's bball 
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain