• 11 replies

Offline ctibass

Matic officially leaving
« on: April 25, 2018, 06:28:10 PM »
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 06:31:24 PM by ctibass »

Offline ctibass

Re: Matic officially leaving
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 06:32:39 PM »

That puts us at 2 open schollies now, correct?

Offline Hawk

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 06:47:49 PM »
great more scholly grid editing  :doh: .....we have more turnover than a bakery on Sunday morning. :rolleyes: 
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 10:27:14 PM »
Yep, Matic was one of the first names mentioned when it all started.   We will finish the class strong with Okoro, Golden or Caloo...or a grad transfer.  Okoro is just waiting on test scores so he can officially start the process to reclassify to 18.  Coaches, I am told, feel very good about our shape with Golden but his camp is leaking nothing and I think it is going to be hard to pry him away from Cuse. East coast boy.   Calloo I don't know but he said today that if Michigan offers he is there in a heart beat. I keep hearing he is plan B so if that is the case and we don't get Golden I prefer we go with okoro and a grad transfer and call it a day

Offline Hawk

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 03:58:28 PM »
Yep, Matic was one of the first names mentioned when it all started.   We will finish the class strong with Okoro, Golden or Caloo...or a grad transfer.  Okoro is just waiting on test scores so he can officially start the process to reclassify to 18.  Coaches, I am told, feel very good about our shape with Golden but his camp is leaking nothing and I think it is going to be hard to pry him away from Cuse. East coast boy.   Calloo I don't know but he said today that if Michigan offers he is there in a heart beat. I keep hearing he is plan B so if that is the case and we don't get Golden I prefer we go with okoro and a grad transfer and call it a day

we have too many in this class as it is due to all the defections, id rather roll the scholly into next year and balance the classes out in the long run
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 08:58:08 PM »

we have too many in this class as it is due to all the defections, id rather roll the scholly into next year and balance the classes out in the long run

agreed unless you get two 4 star type kids. If it's Okoro and one of the other two you just have to make that move.
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline Hawk

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 01:00:40 PM »

agreed unless you get two 4 star type kids. If it's Okoro and one of the other two you just have to make that move.

Yeah i guess. but if were just signing projects or 3 stars or under type kids , then yeah I agree with your thinking..we'd only have one available for next year if we do get 1 more....well, assuming 3-4 dont leave after this year too LOL

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 08:00:23 PM »
the only two seemingly sure thing can't miss guys we look great for are whitney in 19 and miller in 20. may be all we need if these are hits

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 08:01:50 PM »
the staff clearly missed on matic he had no d1 ability

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 05:07:45 PM »
the staff clearly missed on matic he had no d1 ability
He had no physicallity to him, esp on D.  He had some moves to the hoop but couldn't close the deal

Brad's intensity was clearly too much for him to handle - esp when you add all the U.S. cultural adjustments he had to make

They needed Matic for practice, whereas Matic needed a landing base to start building his resume for a Euro career

It was win-win, until it wasn't