2019 recruiting

• 121 replies

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Re: 2019 recruiting - Marquez Beason Commits!
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2018, 10:52:34 PM »
My guess is there had to be some bad blood between Dawkins and Smith, he did bench him.    This guy looks like a good bridge to the future.  He competes with Thomas,  and you can afford to redshirt one of the others,  I prefer Taylor.   This can?t really hurt in the long run,  we are set at QB for awhile. 

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2018, 01:15:41 AM »
I looked him up as we were having a discussion in a private twitter group....he threw 11  passes last year.  LOL   he needs to hold the clipboard while Cam or MJ get it done and develop

IMO

I understand the argument for playing him though, IF HE IS GOOD.  We shall see
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:23:27 AM by illiniman94 »

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2018, 01:57:00 AM »
Cam Thomas is pitiful. Horrible. Awful. God awful. That is all. He is having a piss poor spring, and everyone knows it. Whoever starts, it won't be Cam.

Offline ctibass

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2018, 08:48:31 AM »
Got your transfer grad QB from Va Tech

https://247sports.com/college/illinois/Article/BREAKING-Illinois-adds-Virginia-Tech-grad-transfer-QB-AJ-Bush-116167696
The only thing I don?t like about this is it?s another blue shirt, but this time for a guy who?s only going to be here next year.  The 2019 class has the chance to be special if you follow these guys on twitter, but now we?ve taken 2 scholarships from that class to use this year.

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2018, 12:10:19 PM »
Got your transfer grad QB from Va Tech

https://247sports.com/college/illinois/Article/BREAKING-Illinois-adds-Virginia-Tech-grad-transfer-QB-AJ-Bush-116167696
The only thing I don?t like about this is it?s another blue shirt, but this time for a guy who?s only going to be here next year.  The 2019 class has the chance to be special if you follow these guys on twitter, but now we?ve taken 2 scholarships from that class to use this year.
Enough will open up. Still some attrition to go after this year.

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2018, 08:14:30 PM »
its just a guy for older leadership and helping along young guys I'd gather
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2018, 11:32:34 PM »
Guys there is an incredible amount of buzz on Twitter today with Beason recruiting and lots of big name guys saying they are very interested in Illinois.  We all know that kids play on twitter but I an very conident that we are going to get Isaiah Williams from Trinity and Shammond Cooper is looking good as well. When Willams commits it is going to set off dominoes and this has the potential to be the best ILLINI recruiting class of all times.  Obviously flips happen in football and there is a long way to go but man there is a huge buzz around football right now.

Offline ctibass

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2018, 11:52:58 PM »
Guys there is an incredible amount of buzz on Twitter today with Beason recruiting and lots of big name guys saying they are very interested in Illinois.  We all know that kids play on twitter but I an very conident that we are going to get Isaiah Williams from Trinity and Shammond Cooper is looking good as well. When Willams commits it is going to set off dominoes and this has the potential to be the best ILLINI recruiting class of all times.  Obviously flips happen in football and there is a long way to go but man there is a huge buzz around football right now.

Yeah, I've been trying to follow it all, but it gets crazy.  #ILLGANG19 is getting passed around like candy between a bunch of top recruits.

Offline ctibass

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2018, 12:36:36 AM »
Coach Patterson having phone conversations with a lot of these high profile guys tonight.